what is she talking about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

i was talking to a girl who says this:

i have been to about 6 places for a full set of gel and they have always done them by dipping a brush into liwuid and then powder and setting them under UV!!! Thats why i thought the sticky gel used at the end was the 'gel' part. I must be getting wripped off and actually having acrylic nails!!!

any help/advise??
x

buttonmoon54321 said:
i was talking to a girl who says this:

i have been to about 6 places for a full set of gel and they have always done them by dipping a brush into liwuid and then powder and setting them under UV!!! Thats why i thought the sticky gel used at the end was the 'gel' part. I must be getting wripped off and actually having acrylic nails!!!

any help/advise??
x

Won't it be UV liquid and powder that she's talking about?

i dont kno?
could u tell me more about uv liquid and powder?
x

thats UV Liquid and Powder....and not GEL !!!!!

A true gel system is a one component system,it is an oligomer, its a gel that is applied to the nail as a coating and then cured via UV light .............

UV Powder and Liquid is a monomer and polymer that uses UV light for curing..............

HTH

I think it does sound uv lite l & p. Star nails (united beauty) do this product. It is used in exactly the same way as nornal l & p but will only fully set when cured under a u v lamp. A good way to learn if your not quick enough at application and need a little more time to work your product. There is no residue when cured its exactly the same as l & P.

Hope this helps
Jules
:biggrin:

shes been asking for gel and the girl was using this then applying a thick top coat and she thought this was the gel
therefore the 6 different places are telling her porkies
she thinks she has gel but really has l & P
she says:
"Thanks so much for your help, i shall be having words next time im in lol :) "
xx

I used to use this system with star nails it is called VF21 Lyte you mix the liquid and powder like conventional L&P and it cures under a UV lamp.

the reason she thinks they are gel is because of the lamp this can be very confusing.
HTH

Hi
Could it be Gelee by Le Chat

we have a problem like this in the states.

NSS salons use acrylic and call it gel and charge more for it.

Latest posts

Back