What is the Rolls Royce of tanning solutions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just purchased my TS50 machine from LA Tan I got the complete kit with solutions etc. However seeing as this is only for my own use I want to buy the best tanning solution available and I was hoping you lovely tanning pro's could point me in the right direction :)
I have searched through all the old posts and really Nouvatan seem to be coming out as the most popular solution, but if you were to buy solution just for your own use so cost is not an issue what would you choose?

I am thinking of the old reliable St. Tropez but I would love some advice from the pro's in the business.

TIA xx

100% xen tan! I also use myself and it smells lovely, has a gorgeous deep bronze colour and fades evenly. Its not at all orange! Love it x

Famous dave for me wins hands down along with fake bake gold! Both leave a proper honey golden colour and looks incredibly natural so much so that once my tan fades i dont think my natural siin colour is natural! Also im always asked where ive been on holiday which is nice considering i have a very unusal skin tone and colourings and they are the only two tans that dont look orange on me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies :D
I will sample xen tan and famous daves then:)
I will be every shade of brown by the end of this summer ....50 shades of brown lol.....doesn't sound right?! ha

I've sampled every tan in the market and stand by LA Tanning is the best.

Dries quick, lovely golden tan, no patches and comes off evenly after 5days (theres no need for scrubbing to an inch to get it off).

Pic x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374444116.938601.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374444116.938601.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 255
Thanks for the picture Coco-bella it looks fab :)

Well I have the fast tan and 10 gold and 10 from la tan so maybe I will give them a go x

I suppose it depends on what look you like.... For me the best tan is St. Tropez.. Beautiful sun kissed finish and not orange looking.

Hi Rinn,

Yes I also like to have a nice olive but natural looking tan I used to use st. tropez years ago then fake bake then I tried st. moriz which I liked the colour but it does not last past 3 days :(

I will probably sample loads of different tans and end up back with st tropez ;)

There are so many different brands out there to choose from and I am not great at making my mind up x

I love st tropez too, I'm a hair geek and have tried loads and will only use at tropez now on

Vita Liabreta

Myself and my clients are loving nouvatan, fade off is great and most are getting up to 10 days wear! I really think you have to try a few as tans are so personal due to individual taste and what colour you have in your mind that you would 'like' to be.xx

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations :)

DONSLJ I will certainly be trying out nouvatan as when I went through all the posts on here it seemed to be the most recommended brand :)

I will try the ones you all recommended and hopefully I will find my holy grail of tanning solution xx

Definately try Nouvatan, :) x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

Xen tan is amazing, 100% recommend it

July x

I was just wondering if you or your daughter have undergone the training yet or are you just having a go at home yourselves?

If you're talking "Rolls Royce" and all that this encapsulates ie a luxury brand with visibly stunning results etc then it has to be Vani T.

I was just wondering if you or your daughter have undergone the training yet or are you just having a go at home yourselves?

Hi Tanfastic,

No we have not yet booked the training for it but my partner did my tan for me when I got the machine and he didnt do a bad job for his first time the underside of my arms were a bit too dark but other than that I was happy.....I used the la tan 12% that came with it :)

If you're talking "Rolls Royce" and all that this encapsulates ie a luxury brand with visibly stunning results etc then it has to be Vani T.

Oh no another brand ;) ha I will be able to open up my own tanning place :biggrin:

thanks for the recommendation x

I'm LA brown range all the way my clients adore it and so do I xx

Latest posts

Back