What is your religion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought gods work was free.
You have to pay to get christened.
You have to pay get married.
You have to put money in the collection plate.
And you have to pay when your dead.

I feel any belief should be reflected in everyday actions whatever that belief should be

I just wonder how people explain how there is stuff in the bible that is coming true now?...

Do you mean like the parting of the water that was written in the Bible? You are right ....it happens daily.

Everytime I sit in the bath.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never actually read the bible so I haven't a clue of what is said to be coming true 😄 x

I always thought gods work was free.
You have to pay to get christened.
You have to pay get married.
You have to put money in the collection plate.
And you have to pay when your dead.

God doesn't pay the leccy bill ;) and Churches require electricity and all other utilities.

I am sure it is in the bible (virtues will know as she has written it out several times) about tithing your income to the church/god i.e. pay a percentage of your income to the church. I know people who do this (10%) and swear that since they started doing it they have never been skint!

Personally although brought up in the Church of Scotland I am no lover of organised religion.
Most religions main purpose is to control the masses, which probably is a necessity. My main problem with organised religion though is their complete subjugation of women.

Although technically not a religion I try to live my life following the beliefs and practises of Buddhism. Recently I have found the teachings and statements released by the Dalai Lama a source of great comfort.
I find myself striving to be a better person through this, more so than the threat of going to Hell and eternal damnation ever did!

Just apply science to it. Millions of people get great comfort from beliefs. They spend their whole lives believing in something no one has really ever seen. (Apart from a face on a piece of toast) I've never grasped the one God and a thousand different religions all fighting and killing through different beliefs. I don't want it shoved down my throat I must say but equally apart from this I have very little to say about it.

Sometimes I've had my doubts as well, we can't always only believe in what we've seen. The only reason why I believe because I want to live by something, I believe there's a purpose why we're on earth in the first place and feel like there's much more to the world than just living, reproducing and dying.
I haven't seen god, I haven't experienced any miracles, I'm not confident that Christianity is true, but it's nice to have hope and faith that there is something up there.
I don't believe in heaven or hell, solely because my way of thinking revolves around free will, peace, forgiveness and love, if there really is a god why would god put us in hell? I mean Christianity teaches forgiveness so why would god punish us when it tells us to repent.
If there is a heaven, I don't think it's a place, it's spiritual peace, since we only are spirits.
Like I said I don't believe everything in the bible is true and I don't believe everything the church says, I believe in god my own way.
All I know is to be a good person and to live by something.
Sorry not trying to preach I'm just sharing my point of view and why I believe :)

Sometimes I've had my doubts as well, we can't always only believe in what we've seen. The only reason why I believe because I want to live by something, I believe there's a purpose why we're on earth in the first place and feel like there's much more to the world than just living, reproducing and dying.
I haven't seen god, I haven't experienced any miracles, I'm not confident that Christianity is true, but it's nice to have hope and faith that there is something up there.
I don't believe in heaven or hell, solely because my way of thinking revolves around free will, peace, forgiveness and love, if there really is a god why would god put us in hell? I mean Christianity teaches forgiveness so why would god punish us when it tells us to repent.
If there is a heaven, I don't think it's a place, it's spiritual peace, since we only are spirits.
Like I said I don't believe everything in the bible is true and I don't believe everything the church says, I believe in god my own way.
All I know is to be a good person and to live by something.
Sorry not trying to preach I'm just sharing my point of view and why I believe :)

You must do what gives you an inner peace, there is nothing wrong with what you believe in if it works for you. You go to sleep. You wake up. What happens in the hours in between?. . Who knows. I can only believe this is what it must be like when you leave this world. I don't believe you run through fields of corn or meet up with family etc.. but millions do. Probably someone like J K Rowling wrote the Bible all those years ago. Fabulous imagination. Who knows. I don't. From what I remember of it the devil is far greater than God.

All I know is if I wasn't so naughty I could've saved a hundred trees from being turned into paper!

Last edited:
Eh? :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe in proven scientific facts rather than fairy tales :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Technically there is no such thing as scientific proof, but I know what you are saying! :p

I'm a muslim :)

I consider myself to be a solitary eclectic pagan Wiccan. I believe in the Devine even if it is on more of a spiritual level, but I'm also fairly philosophical and love science.
Although putting Wicca into practice is rather difficult for me most of the time (especially since the Church of Wales and atheism are the most predominant beliefs locally) I do try my best to live by the main principle: 'an it harm none, do as ye will'.
I always look for actions or comments that have the least negative effect and where possible only make decisions that bring positive energy to situations.
One of my biggest beliefs in life is that the most important thing you can share with someone is something that costs nothing but a few seconds of your time, a smile. I always smile directly at anybody who makes eye contact because you never know when all that person needs is for one person staring back at them to be friendly.

I consider myself to be a solitary eclectic pagan Wiccan. I believe in the Devine even if it is on more of a spiritual level, but I'm also fairly philosophical and love science.
Although putting Wicca into practice is rather difficult for me most of the time (especially since the Church of Wales and atheism are the most predominant beliefs locally) I do try my best to live by the main principle: 'an it harm none, do as ye will'.
I always look for actions or comments that have the least negative effect and where possible only make decisions that bring positive energy to situations.
One of my biggest beliefs in life is that the most important thing you can share with someone is something that costs nothing but a few seconds of your time, a smile. I always smile directly at anybody who makes eye contact because you never know when all that person needs is for one person staring back at them to be friendly.

thats a lovely way of thinking, i too smile to everyone i make eye contact with unless they draw me a dirty look haha x

Isn't it funny though, you tell someone 'I talked to God last night' and that is acceptable. You tell them 'God talked to me last night' and you're the biggest loon that walked the earth. ..

Last edited:
I'm not religious but respect other people's beliefs.

I was raised a Christian, been christened and confirmed, but now I don't belief in a god, because let's face it - if he existed would the world be like it is today? Probably not.

I believe in evolution and science, it's proven and explains everything in the world today. Does the fact that god made earth in 7 days with his hands make more sense? Nope.

Xxx

I'm not part of a creationist religion, but I do believe that they never intended to claim that the world is made in a week but the stories are actually metaphors.
Evolution is something I categorically do not dispute, but it's not proven it's only a theory with evidence to suggest it's accurate. As with all science. So I'd like to think that science is as much a faith as any religion... Just one with slightly more physical credibility :)

Do you mean like the parting of the water that was written in the Bible? You are right ....it happens daily.

Everytime I sit in the bath.

Hahaha Mouthful of Coffee 1 - Salon floor 0...... Where's the mop?!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fun thread. I was raised romanian pentecostal, very strict...but I follow enlightenment now. I dont believe theres only one religion that goes to heaven. I believe in peace, understanding, wisdom and yoga.

Latest posts

Back