What kind of things do you retail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach Dilks

Reaction score
Hi its a long time since I last posted. I offer nail, beauty and spray tanning. What do you all retail? as I find a lot of products can be purchased cheaper in B&M etc and it drives me crazy as I really want to retail more (hardly do any.)
What things sell well?

I only sell products that I use in my treatments and can only be sold through salons, not shops or on line.
I also go for a mark up of 40% or more.

I only sell products that I use in my treatments and can only be sold through salons, not shops or on line.
I also go for a mark up of 40% or more.

Interested to know what products you can retail 40%+ that are not available online.....
Nowdays it seems client's have access to EVERTHING and it is often CHEAPER than I can get it direct from the supplier!!??!!:mad:
The younger the client base, the harder it is to convince them to buy from me....they are ALWAYS googling what I use, even when they are still in my chair!:eek:

I know this is the issue now days. The Internet has made it very easy for clients to pick up what we retail on salon. It's best to offer some retail products only have a elected range. Tanning is always good. Hair care Redken is good. Have a look around what other salons are doing and offer something different

I sell All that jazz bee bars (great for people who have mild skin conditions eczema/dermatitis etc) they practically sell themselves.
cuticle oils & glitter eyes kits. x

We focus on aftercare We sell mini bottles of Dadi oil cuticle oil and Dr Paw paw. They're not readily available on the high street and you can't get them on the Internet (including postage) for what I sell them for. I also carry Billion Dollar Brows products, they are amazing and only available at a set retail price. I tell my clients that they can buy them online but they have to pay postage, so it works out cheaper if they buy them from me. Ive increased my retail very cautiously because I don't want to get stuck with slow moving lines which tie up money. If that happens I run a promo with a "free" product included in a luxury treatment or gift voucher, which I run for a limited time. That way I at least get my money back.

I sell a lot of CND removal kits. Clients can probably buy the bits needed cheaper individually from a chemist, but a lot of mine like the branded removal kits (they do look much nicer & the nourishing remover is kinder than acetone alone)

You get 2 removals from each kit so it works out half the price I charge for removal alone xx

I sell a lot of CND removal kits. Clients can probably buy the bits needed cheaper individually from a chemist, but a lot of mine like the branded removal kits (they do look much nicer & the nourishing remover is kinder than acetone alone)

You get 2 removals from each kit so it works out half the price I charge for removal alone xx

Do you sell Vinylux?

I sell All that jazz bee bars (great for people who have mild skin conditions eczema/dermatitis etc) they practically sell themselves.
cuticle oils & glitter eyes kits. x
]

Yes I love All That Jazz

Most of my ladies have Shellac & although they know what what Vinylux is & that I use it, they dont really feel the need to buy it unfortunately lol! Maybe if they were off on a long holiday & wanted to cover possible chips, but in general nope.

Im mobile too so i do find it harder to retail polish as i dont have a nice display stand :( xx

Latest posts

Back