What LED Lamp should I get?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire glass

Reaction score
Hi folks looking for recommendations please - I have been using a UV lamp to cure Artistic Colour Gloss & Gelish Gel polish for the last year and need to upgrade to an LED lamp. Just finding the UV lamp so slow. Any particular LED lamps you would recommend? I would love to get the Harmony Lamp but it's so expensive - any cheaper alternatives any good?

Cheers:smack:

Hi folks looking for recommendations please - I have been using a UV lamp to cure Artistic Colour Gloss & Gelish Gel polish for the last year and need to upgrade to an LED lamp. Just finding the UV lamp so slow. Any particular LED lamps you would recommend? I would love to get the Harmony Lamp but it's so expensive - any cheaper alternatives any good?

Lots of Geeks love the CND lamp hun
Lots

You really ought to go with the lamp recommended by your manufacturer (Gelish and ACG are manufactured by the same folks which makes it easier). Although I'm big on generic shopping, I don't think generic lamps provide the quality and consistency that you'd want in a lamp. Gelish makes three LED lamps, the 6g, 9g an 18g and they are all pretty pricey. Still, I don't see any good alternatives. The 6g and 9g aren't that much less expensive than the 18g so, I'd strongly recommend going with the 18g. It has a five finger cure and provides consistent cures. It is pre-programmed with the times for Gelish/ACG; it's a great lamp. ACG is just coming out with a new LED lamp, but it looks like a black version of the Gelish 18g and I suspect it's as expensive as the 18g.

I was looking into other brands of led lamps as the gellux one is less than half the price of the NH one, but on closer inspection the wattage of the gellux one is a lot less than the NH one!!
It's not worth the saving to clients well being by wearing under cured product x

Lots of Geeks love the CND lamp hun
Lots

The CND lamp is UV and the OP is asking about LED lamps.
However...
Personally I prefer working with 2 UV lamps, so I dont have any down time, and my Harmony LED lamp is relegated to doing toes, and the odd repair!
I got 2 CND lamps for the same amount of money my Harmony LED cost me (4 finger cure one :rolleyes: )

OP, if you are heart set on getting an LED lamp though then you do have to get either a Harmony or the Artistic Colour Gloss lamps, but you really knew that didn't you ;)

Make sure it is a 5 finger cure though as the 4 finger then thumb is a real pain in the proverbial !

Latest posts

Back