What mid range polish is best ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyNails

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just in the process of stocking up and I just wondered if anyone could recommend a good polish. When I qualified I was using Attitude which I was happy with, lots of colours, but now I would like to try a new brand but not sure which way to go. I am just starting out again ! so money is tight but I don't want to scrimp on quality, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am also thinking of retailing the polish too, not sure if thats a good idea or not :confused:

Thankyou

Orly is a great brand x

we trained with attitude, and to be honest i quite like it, it has a good range of colours, gives a nice coverage and is affordable.
How about OPI? everybody has heard of Opi, it also has a great range of colours, gives good coverage and is reasonably priced?

I'm not sure what you mean by mid-range? Orly, China Glaze, OPI... they are all in the same ballpark cost-wise.

Attitude is very inexpensive. I can't say on here how much for example an OPI polish costs trade, but I'm not sure there's anything in between the two or whether, if there was, it would be worth saving a pound or two per bottle.

Get a good quality brand and you will be happy with it, and it will last you.

I went with opi ive never looked back, i love it.. And i think for what you pay trade its very reasonable for the quality :) and looaddss of colours.. Have heard orly is very nice too but havent used it myself..
Happy choosing :)

Thats great. Thankyou for the tips (hee hee hee, pardon the pun !!!)

I wouldn't compromise on quality. If I didn't have as much to spend on polish as I wanted, then I would get fewer of a good brand. That way I would have an excellent product to use, then build it up gradually. Once you have a mediocre product, then you're stuck with it till it runs out. In the case of cheaper nail polishes, until it goes gloopy! Your clients will have the excitement of seeing a new colour every now and then as well.

My low use colours are just as useable now as when I first got some of them a few years ago.

First of all, retailing is a brilliant thing to do. Every penny you earn via retail you haven't had to "earn", so the more you retail the better.

Brand wise, the only person who can decide which polish is best for you, is YOU. Get a couple of bottles, say a red and a french pink, from several different brands and see which forumula/brush/cap you prefer. Brands to look at are OPI, CND, Nubar, Essie, Nails Inc, China Glaze, Orly and probably more that I have forgotten. If you are going to one of the shows coming up, it would be an ideal time to go around and see what there is.

First of all, retailing is a brilliant thing to do. Every penny you earn via retail you haven't had to "earn", so the more you retail the better.

Brand wise, the only person who can decide which polish is best for you, is YOU. Get a couple of bottles, say a red and a french pink, from several different brands and see which forumula/brush/cap you prefer. Brands to look at are OPI, CND, Nubar, Essie, Nails Inc, China Glaze, Orly and probably more that I have forgotten. If you are going to one of the shows coming up, it would be an ideal time to go around and see what there is.

can you stock nails inc in your salon if you do you know were i would go about looking into getting this. thanks

Latest posts

Back