What mini courses do you suggest?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my second post and im asking all you lovely members about things as I feel you are all expierenced and best people to ask.
Basically Im a Level 2 NVQ qualified (july 12) and am running my own little mobile business in weeks to come, I am very happily going onto my level 3 but i wondered what treatments are quite popular with people these days as I want to take mini short courses to help with personal development and to improve. I thought about spray tanning as people are into this "only way is essex" shows. But also what else can you all suggest. Im training with stonebridge for nail technology for level 3, but im after ideas of what else i could study.
Thanks and appreciate your help however little it is :biggrin:

Shellac, Minx, SP Eyelash Extensions x

Hi, my second post and im asking all you lovely members about things as I feel you are all expierenced and best people to ask.
Basically Im a Level 2 NVQ qualified (july 12) and am running my own little mobile business in weeks to come, I am very happily going onto my level 3 but i wondered what treatments are quite popular with people these days as I want to take mini short courses to help with personal development and to improve. I thought about spray tanning as people are into this "only way is essex" shows. But also what else can you all suggest. Im training with stonebridge for nail technology for level 3, but im after ideas of what else i could study.
Thanks and appreciate your help however little it is :biggrin:

Agreed. Shellac and Minx. The lash extension would be a great course but research the SP lashes to make sure you get enough out of the course. i did a one day course at college and then found out they missed a lot of basic training. A lot of people on here have recommended trying Flirties and I just tried some of their adhesive and loved it.

I did day courses for acrylic nail art, SP lashes, booked in for Minx training in just over a week...spray tanning would be popular with clients. If you are planning on doing kids Princess Parties maybe a wee face painting course would be an idea but it depends what kind of plans you have for the future of your business?

Hello everyone been busy hence the late replies, thankyou this has been a big help :) Im doing level 3 and they have introduced lash extensions instead of epilation but thankyou this has given me an insight into what to put into my personal development plan

Hello everyone been busy hence the late replies, thankyou this has been a big help :) Im doing level 3 and they have introduced lash extensions instead of epilation but thankyou this has given me an insight into what to put into my personal development plan

this is great! i suspect that lash extensions would be in higher demand than epilation.

i loooove doing add on courses. it's great to be able to learn new things :)

Long time since been on here but working on improving my business non stop as well as the amount of coursework we've had and the challenging treatments to perfect at college.

You'll all be pleased to know I've took advice up and I am on my spray tan course Wednesday 27/3/13. I am also awaiting the local college to set the Gelish Course we have all signed up for. :)

In reply to Harlequin, my business plan is to go more for the mature/elder client market, however Im happy to offer services for all ages and tailor offer packages that would attract the type of age range.

For example (before i confuse everyone lol-I do write how im thinking it)
My elder/mature market, would have the more nice, relaxing treatments offered to them, massage, manicures, pedicures, facials but also add waxing in as no matter the age they all like waxing.

My younger market would have the treatments like Spray Tans, gelish, eye treatments, nail enhancements (I passed my level 3 nail technician with stonebridge just recently) makeup, waxing and lashes

Of course both markets are different and have people wanting different needs. Both my markets might choose a treatment which isnt in what i think that would be popular with them.

Ill just have to see how it goes and adapt my year 2 business plan if needed. :)

Defo shellac and minx. Threading and spray tans?

Long time since been on here but working on improving my business non stop as well as the amount of coursework we've had and the challenging treatments to perfect at college.

You'll all be pleased to know I've took advice up and I am on my spray tan course Wednesday 27/3/13. I am also awaiting the local college to set the Gelish Course we have all signed up for. :)

In reply to Harlequin, my business plan is to go more for the mature/elder client market, however Im happy to offer services for all ages and tailor offer packages that would attract the type of age range.

For example (before i confuse everyone lol-I do write how im thinking it)
My elder/mature market, would have the more nice, relaxing treatments offered to them, massage, manicures, pedicures, facials but also add waxing in as no matter the age they all like waxing.

My younger market would have the treatments like Spray Tans, gelish, eye treatments, nail enhancements (I passed my level 3 nail technician with stonebridge just recently) makeup, waxing and lashes

Of course both markets are different and have people wanting different needs. Both my markets might choose a treatment which isnt in what i think that would be popular with them.

Ill just have to see how it goes and adapt my year 2 business plan if needed. :)

Good plan.

I have quite a lot of the more mature clients, and they love a Gel polish manicure, as opposed to a standard manjcure as they have colour on their nails and no faffing about waiting on a polish to dry . Gelish is the system I use too as it has so many colour choices to suit everyone.

Defo shellac and minx. Threading and spray tans?

Theres no one doing threading where I am, theyll have to catch a ferry to go to the nearest threading, might be worth looking for those courses. :) thankyou :)

Good plan.

I have quite a lot of the more mature clients, and they love a Gel polish manicure, as opposed to a standard manjcure as they have colour on their nails and no faffing about waiting on a polish to dry . Gelish is the system I use too as it has so many colour choices to suit everyone.

Thats quite good to know, be worth putting Gelish into the target market category for the mature clients. Thankyou :)

Latest posts

Back