What Music do u have in your salon/nail room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone had any top tips for nice music to play in my nail room/salon.

I have relaxation cd's for my beauty treatments but never know what's appropriate for just background (not all my clients like robbie !!!)

I have just heard some nice old jazz on radio (yep i am sad) i suppose katie melua? is that how you spell it would be good...i have dare i say Micheal Bouble (sorry cant spell that either) !!!

Whats your personal favourites???

Hiya x

I like to have the radio on as it plays a good mix of music with a bit news and weather thrown in, it also makes for conversation with the clients.

I cant you on the spellings babe cos I have never heard of either of them, bless sheltered life and all..lol

xxx

I have the radio on, but the hair salon downstairs love to torture me with Michael Buble, I HATE HIS MUSIC (sorry). I always laugh and say I'm the old fogey and yet they play the geriatrics music lol!

i have radio, and relaxation music for facials and stuff,
who the hell is michael buble :eek: ???? lol

Dee he has a new album out (god help me that they don't get that one too downstairs), his name is pronounced Booblay. Just think yourself lucky you haven't had to suffer his croonings, you've had a lucky escape - hey I can send you the cd in the salon if you like, ANYTHING TO GET IT GONE!

At the moment, I have Usher on repeat...love it and most clients do as it is quite mellow, but I'm getting a tad sick of it now. I would just play a mix of tunes depending on what you are doing. I have celtic cds and nature ones for spa treatments, but when I am doing acrylic I like something with a bit of beat. You will never please everyone, so just use common sense.

I would stay clear of thrash, death metal, acid house or anything similar though.

Radio 1 at the moment but you can't beat a bit of Britney while working..............

Clare xx

I have Vibe FM playing all day (local station for east of England), unless I'm in the beauty room then its Norah Jones, or if I'm in the mood Groove Armada.

Vibe has been a bit of a bonus coz they contacted me a couple of weeks ago about their forthcoming Dance Party Weekender next month. One of the dj's had (somehow) got a copy of my brochure and asked me to help out organising a pampering day for the girlies on the Saturday. Did I jump at the chance? OF COURSE!!!! They will be advertising the "Pamper Zone" from next week and my salon (Pamporium) will be getting mentioned on air every time, plus they will put the info on their website (and a link to my site). Bit worried coz I think I'll probably be the oldest person there but it was a real boost to the ego to be asked, and I'm looking forward to it really :lol: The best bit is I still get to charge for all the treatments so ultimately I still get paid. Just got to work out exactly what treatments I'm going to be doing on the day coz of time limitations etc.

Saga FM for me! (I think its a Midland type local radio station) its a nice mix of mellow, middle of the road sorta stuff....except on a saturday....then it has to be somethin livelier perhaps..... say.....Kerrang!!???? :lol:

Hi jules here,
I found that "moon safari" by Air is a great CD to chill to and also any CD by "07" . I listened to this sort of stuff when I was pregnant last year with my first. (He's nine months yesterday). I even listened to it during the birth, and now I have a totally chilled out little boy! Well worth putting in the salon!!
Hope this helps.

Jules.
MINKUS said:
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone had any top tips for nice music to play in my nail room/salon.

I have relaxation cd's for my beauty treatments but never know what's appropriate for just background (not all my clients like robbie !!!)

I have just heard some nice old jazz on radio (yep i am sad) i suppose katie melua? is that how you spell it would be good...i have dare i say Micheal Bouble (sorry cant spell that either) !!!

Whats your personal favourites???

Latest posts

Back