What (Non-Hair related) products are good to sell in a hair salon ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Hi Guys

We are a fairly new salon (just 1 month old) with a cool team.

Im thinking of selling some non hair related products, girly things.
Can anyone tell me if they have tried this, what works, what didnt work so well.

Im a bloke so im relying on the ladies out there with experience of the retail sales.

Oh and by the way, we have 2 positions available still for self employed staff in the daventry area so if you live around daventry, give us a call if your looking for a change. We offer free training monthly and you pay a really resonable monthly rent so whatever you make minus you rent is yours, nice big staff room too.

Salon Number is 01327 312 858.

Cheers:idea:

I am liking this job add!!!! Unfortunatly I am not there :(

I would see things like make up. And do you have a nail tec? Nail related things maybe?

I would see things like make up. And do you have a nail tec? Nail related things maybe?
Hi Nora

Thanks for the reply , yeah make up is a cool idea.
I know that the matrix range didnt sell well in a salon my wife previously worked in
but id be interested in knowing what range you think is good.

We dont have the room for nails which is a shame we took the desicion to be a Hair Salon only, but one day the plan is to progress, i personally cant wait till i go to college as im really loving the atmosphere of a salon now that i own one, and am so looking forward to joining all you stylists out there.

Mark x

Are you looking for ideas in keeping with the industry i.e Beauty related or something totally different? I know there are a few geeks on here that also successfully retail jewellery items.

What about scented candles, oils burners & fragrant oils, natural soap bars, nail polishes...

Are you looking for ideas in keeping with the industry i.e Beauty related or something totally different? I know there are a few geeks on here that also successfully retail jewellery items.
Costume Jewellery could be a nice idea.
Is there a really well known fashion range out there ?

Yeah not just the beauty range, maybe nice to sell a few things that are just girly, like
jewellery and perfume.

Tigi Make Up.....it kinda ties in with hair and its a lurvely range!!

Yeh what toni lee said tigi makeup is lush!!!! Also what about nail polishes, nail buffers, body lotions, false eyelashes, clip in hair extensions (like colour flash ones).??x

Yeah agree with tigi make-up, also nail polish is a good seller where I work even if you don't do nails.

You should sell clip on hair pieces, they come in all different colors, great for high school girls to wear their team colors. Nail polishes always do well, also things like toe rings. I have also seen a lot of purses for sale in salons. hope it helps.

Im pursuing a distributor for a supply of well known fashion handbags.
DO you think a small selection of them and matching purses could sell in a salon ??

I think that the purses do fine. Just build up a nice display in a way that people from outside can see it too and maybe your purses and bags will give you even bigger clientele!

Thanks Guys

This has been rely helpful.

Latest posts

Back