What pedicure set up do you all use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which pedicure set up do you use?

• Pedicure Stool

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Pedicure Spa

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Stool and seperate leg rest

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Couch

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

ellekay

Reaction score
I've been doing nails & beauty now for 11 years. I've always just used a normal dining room style chair for clients to sit on and a nail stool (which height doesn't go low enough for me) for me to sit on to do pedicures and have clients leg/foot in my lap. But my back and neck hurt from bending over and my clients worry they are hurting me when they rest there leg on me, which sometimes they do. I've been considering a pedicure stool like the pictures i've added. Could you tell me if any of you use these and are they any good? If so which ones or any other suggestions would be good. xx

Attachments

• 373513.jpg
    373513.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 375
  • PEQUIPMENTBEA61.jpg
    PEQUIPMENTBEA61.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 373700.jpg
    373700.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 486
Are you working from home?

I use a couch. I copied this from a salon I use for my treatments. That way I am at the perfect height for the feet. I don't foot soak for a long time but bring the foot bowl to the couch and put one foot in at a time and use a flannel/cloth to wash down any scrub etc then lift foot out. I always do hard skin removal first on a dry foot as find you get better results.

I have tried every way and I just don't get on with any of them. It's hard on the back using both pedicure stool and the system you currently use.

I would love one of those expensive pedicure chairs that are plumbed in and just perfect.... Not going to happen though!!!

No I work from a salon, have heard people use a couch but never tried this method. I would have preferred to use the stool method as my beauty couch is in the beauty room and pedicure nail station are in the nail room, but pedi stool doesn't seem to be popular. Would love a pedi spar too but my budget won't stretch to that.

If you are going to use a pedicure stool then defo worth looking around for good quality one. I bought mine and used others that were from eBay and cheapest. The length between the stool and foot rest was too far and I struggled to hold foot rest between my knees. I would find my inner thighs were in agony with pulled muscles where I was trying to grip. The ones you pictured above look much nicer. X

What do you currently use? X

This is what I use :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 464
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426446718.217282.jpg

I got my client chair from Amazon- it's massaging and heats up. Many pedicures chairs I looked at just weren't that comfy. We sit on the foot stool- pretty comfy for us too 😊

View attachment 83496

I got my client chair from Amazon- it's massaging and heats up. Many pedicures chairs I looked at just weren't that comfy. We sit on the foot stool- pretty comfy for us too 😊

I have the same pedicure trolley! :)

Do you sit on the stool or do clients rest there legs on there? x
Clients can rest their legs on it, I sit on another chair

At college we were trained using the couch - it was okay for the therapist but not comfortable at all for the client. Trying to bend the knee into the ped bowl to soak, scrub etc. truly awful!

I use a chair from Ikea with a matching stool. I sit on the lower sloop end of the stool while the foot is soaking, scrub, hard skin removal but then move the stool under the clients legs to carry out massage, mask etc. I sit on a little low stool for this and polish application.

A the spa we have a unit. But at home i use a heated massage table, its a dry pedicure. . Very comfort for me. comfortable for the client, until the fall asleep and their legs start to slowly go out to the side. I have heard that recliners are nice. Soak, then when done with the soak, have the recliner go back and you have a foot rest.

Latest posts

Back