What salon software - help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharismaHair

Reaction score
Hi All, new to the forum but i'm really hoping some of you kind people can help.

Finally upgrading my salon (4 stylists and a barber) to use salon management software.

All I really want is a booking system, Reporting/Wages, POS and marketing. Its a mine field out there and have no idea which companies are good or bad! They all give such impressive sales pitches!!

Could you give me some ideas on which systems are worth investing in? Such a big decision for a small salon to make!

Thanks in advance!

oh and i'm UK based! See this is predominantly an american forum but not sure whether UK posters are on here!!

TIA!

I salon is a really good one. Straight forward and easy to loads reports send emails and send tx out to relapsed clients.

thanks Laura. How much is isalon? i've actually arranged for them to come to the salon to demo it and discuss.

Has anyone else used them? Are they good or do they have lots of hidden charges?

I saw isalon and phorest and just found them prohibitively expensive. Just sending a text was expensive. Then I thought I had really researched and had a demo and thought it was great (it will remain nameless) and it was awful. I knew within 10 minutes it was awful and realised the rep had shown me what he wanted me to see. On the client records it showed that you could send text or email reminders but they had disabled the email part so you HAD to use texts. Awful. Threatened them with misselling and got a refund. Then found salon iris and played and played with it and it did everything I could think of and lots more. I'm now in my third year with them and it just grows with me x

Oh and now have online booking and text reminders are about 4p x

Oh and now have online booking and text reminders are about 4p x

Thank you for the reply. I've had emails from salon iris and was going to get them to demo so good to hear positive things.

How is their support functions. Heard elsewhere that they also charge for critical updates of software? And if you don't update the software doesn't work as well?

Would you mind pm'ing me the company you had trouble with? I've got so many companies I'm keen to narrow it down and watch out for the inevitable sharks and unreliable ones :)

Many thanks

Oli

Will PM you now x

I used Salon Iris when I worked in Spain. It was really good. The till was connected to it as well. It also kept account of stock so if you need to do stock taking it makes life easier. Customer info could also be stored on it.
It has the usual there too, appointments, services, prices set in etc etc.

I would recommend it and use it should I have my own salon.

We are just about to install premier, specifically made for us in the beauty/hair/spa industries has pretty good features... All the business sides and then the booking system also enables online bookings and I think texts are 4p...we have managed to secure a good deal with lots of things thrown in x

We are very interested in this as within the next 6 months we are going to install a software system into our new salon but still love my Pencil & Diary :D

Premier Salon is really good. They are recommended by the NHF and you get extra discount if you're an NHF member!!!!! They are really REALLY good value for money and the advice and help they give you (no strings attached) is awesome!!!!!!

We had Salon Genius which was pretty dreadful. Good reports though.

Now have iSalon, and I'm NEARLY happy. Figure what you want it to do, then ask the rep to demo those things. I have three bits of info I want:
1. What is my client average bill
2. How many clients do I have?
3. How often do they visit?

Believe it or not, iSalon can't tell me number 3! Also I wouldn't take their hardware again but source our own.

I don't think Isalon in itself is overpriced, but you pay extra for online bookings, extra for Facebook bookings, extra so you can check the columns from home, etc. etc.

We had Salon Genius which was pretty dreadful. Good reports though.

Now have iSalon, and I'm NEARLY happy. Figure what you want it to do, then ask the rep to demo those things. I have three bits of info I want:
1. What is my client average bill
2. How many clients do I have?
3. How often do they visit?

Believe it or not, iSalon can't tell me number 3! Also I wouldn't take their hardware again but source our own.

I don't think Isalon in itself is overpriced, but you pay extra for online bookings, extra for Facebook bookings, extra so you can check the columns from home, etc. etc.

Wow! Premier Salon does all of that and it's easy too! No extras for online booking or web apps either! and as many columns as you can shake a stick at!

I use ovatu. Been good, I probably don't use all the offerings available (don't use online booking) but may upgrade to something else.

Premier salon was quite pricey when I spoke to them

I use ovatu. Been good, I probably don't use all the offerings available (don't use online booking) but may upgrade to something else.

Really? Can I be cheeky and ask what they said the cost was? I felt the package price was awesome as you get everything with it.

Snippy do you work for Premier? All your posts are about them and your profile says you do....yet you post as if you are a consumer using them...?

I just looked in Salon Focus magazine and they have a full package at £2495 and it includes everything. I think that's pretty cheap compared to other quotes I had :)

Snippy do you work for Premier? All your posts are about them and your profile says you do....yet you post as if you are a consumer using them...?

I've done both hun :D

I've done both hun :D

Premier Salon is in fact £2795 for a full package. This includes all point of sale hardware with an all in one touch screen PC & more.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to drop me a message and I will be more than happy to help :)

Laura

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back