What salon software - help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cheaper than the info I got sent. I got sent stuff about premier spa when I asked for info.

I don't want the PC etc as I have a MacBook and would prefer to run it from there. Laura if you could send me information that would be great

So,which is best for a sole trader - or two room salon? I'm sure we haven't exhausted the list as I think there was a much earlier thread about this subject. I mainly want on-line booking and ideally something like 'book AND pay' for consultations - plus text reminder, of course....

I'm currently hunting down something similar. Ideally want something browser based so it's cheaper, but something that won't freak out if my internet connection goes down.

Finally stopped lurking on here and registered to add my tuppence/ask for advice!

Okay, so I've been looking all afternoon and I think I have some contenders if anyone has any feedback on them?

Online salon software | Zuberri - looks like it's everything I want but isn't running yet, grrr.
Salon Software | Cloud Salon Software | Intelligent Salon SoftwareSalon Intelligence | Salon software with a difference - doesn't have prices on the site but could be good? Although will cut out if internet connection goes

Lots of others *might* work, but I don't know. Frustrating that there seem to be so many in the US that do EXACTLY what I want. Grrrrrrr.

Been sent or had sales pitches from a number of suppliers. Salon Genius quoted £5k for the software, hardware, support, training etc

I liked the software, the hardware was fine (but over priced) and I like that they do all your initial set up - stock control, prices etc but it just seems massively overpriced for;

Set up - £1025
Support - £650 (1st year no option not to have it)
Training - £750 for two days
Microsoft Office £170
Software - £995

Now the software as I said was good. But it is everything else that leaves me thinking it is significantly over priced.

What are peoples thoughts. And anyone who uses salon genius is it worth it? How would this compare to other companies?

We are using Salon Iris as of a couple of months ago. No issues at all for the salon side of things ie booking appointments, scheduling staff, and all the usual things.......BUT.....it has been and still is a nightmare for our sunbeds. They promised to deal with it three weeks ago and we have not had one call back. We are paying a lot for the support....but we are not receiving it!! Bit disappointed if I'm honest. :(

I'm really surprised to hear salon iris have let you down. I've not been able to fault them in the 2+ years I've been using them.
Hope you get sorted soon.

Vicki x

I'm really surprised to hear salon iris have let you down. I've not been able to fault them in the 2+ years I've been using them.
Hope you get sorted soon.

Vicki x

Hi Vicki and anyone else who's interested.....we STILL haven't had a call back from Salon Iris re our sunbed bookings. We are looking at weeks now since we complained. Admittedly we should chase them but so busy (thank god) that we have a constant stream of customers making it impossible to get time for support. This aside THEY are supposed to be ringing US. So it just goes to show that you can not trust all people tell you on the phone when selling you their product. I will definitely chase them up as soon as I get 5 minutes but what to do. We have migrated all of our client base onto Salon Iris and can't face doing that all over again. Hey Ho! :sad:

If your too busy to spend two minutes calling them how will you fit in the time when they call to help you?

If it is that big an issue surely you would find the time? Maybe see one less client on Friday and use that time to resolve the issue.

Hi Vicki and anyone else who's interested.....we STILL haven't had a call back from Salon Iris re our sunbed bookings. We are looking at weeks now since we complained. Admittedly we should chase them but so busy (thank god) that we have a constant stream of customers making it impossible to get time for support. This aside THEY are supposed to be ringing US. So it just goes to show that you can not trust all people tell you on the phone when selling you their product. I will definitely chase them up as soon as I get 5 minutes but what to do. We have migrated all of our client base onto Salon Iris and can't face doing that all over again. Hey Ho! :sad:

We use to use Salon Iris with our sunbeds no problem... may be able to help, whats the issue? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If your too busy to spend two minutes calling them how will you fit in the time when they call to help you?

If it is that big an issue surely you would find the time? Maybe see one less client on Friday and use that time to resolve the issue.

Thank you for the advice. Basically what you suggest is that I lose more money by taking time out from working to resolve an issue that is theirs...not ours. Can't see how that works. We are paying them PLENTY of money so any issues lie at their door and not ours....or am I missing something?

We use to use Salon Iris with our sunbeds no problem... may be able to help, whats the issue? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you.....may take you up on that. We will see what happens now as have rung today to complain.

We have just got Shortcuts. I've used in previous salons for 5 years and as an employee and manager I love it.

We shall see what it can really do for the owner :)

I recommend youreontime

Sent from my SM-G800F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back