What shall I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skankinchar

Reaction score
Hi geeks, would really appreciate some advice!!

I am currently self employed at the salon where I have been working for 3 years, and started off as a junior.

The thing is, things have been really quiet at the moment and my confidence has taken a knocking. :sad: However, there is a possiblility that I can get a position at a salon owned by someone my boyfriend knows, but I'm really scared I won't be good enough because of having limited experience.

What do you think I should do?
Thanks in advance guys!

Are you quiet in the salon as a result of the recession etc. or are other stylists in the salon busy?
The new salon you may have a position in should know how you feel about your lack of confidence and your experience, as long as they're not looking for a very experienced stylist and if they are fine with your situation then you may get help and guidance to improve and further your knowlege. x

The one thing I know you have to change is your opinion of YOU! OK you have worked for one salon and things are quiet - we are all suffering from a lack of confidence in the economy - maybe your salon is not creative or forward thinking enough to take on new challenges and not working this bad situation out! If that's the case maybe a new enviroment with a positive attitude would be the best place for you to be?
I think you have to reflect on your own confidence first - then make a decision to do what is best for you....... go girl and do it xxx

Thanks guys for your words of wisdom, I'm going to put some careful consideration into this, I feel better about it already and am sure things will work out fine! X
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back