what should i do...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charly

Reaction score
Hi, i'd like to know what you guys would do in this situation... I have just started my website it is not finished at all by any means but it is up there for peeps to have a look at and i try and add bits as I get chance but being a busy salon owner, wifey and mum of 2 its not always easy...perhaps i should put it on hold till its all done, i dont know.

anyway I had my first post on my guest book and it was a real ball-buster, i mean rude. They commented on 3 photos (there are only 3 up yet) all of which are my mum, they are simple glitter fades with a little art work not flash but easily done in your salon time slot, taken with a camera phone. Incidentally i have just put them up for critique here to see whether there comments are valid.
she said and I quote "I am sorry to say but I have been in the nail industry for some years now and have never seen such poor nail work, the nail art doesn't even come up to the cuticle...and as for your model who is she your grandmother....i am surprised you are making any profit this website is below poor..." There are bits in between but you get the gist!!

Now I think this may have come from a bitter ex employee or her new employer or associate as the comments seem to be quite pointed and specific with little inside knowledge.

Do I take it off the site or answer the comment back justifying each point, I mean referencing the age of the model in this way is extremely unprofessional for someone who says she has been in the industry for some years!!!
How do I deal Folks? Thank you all xx:irked:

I would take it off.
I know there is freedom of speech but if you get rid of it you dont have to worry about any possible damage this post may do to your business.
Take it off and forget about the nasty person.
Sorry someone has been so mean :hug:

Gx

Thats a difficult one, however if you reply to them its possible she'll turn it into a slanging match. Is there no way you can set your website up so that when people comment you have to approve it first before it goes 'live'? Its certainly a feature on some. Try not to let her get to you, easier said than done I know :-/

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Well I have just looked at your picture and those nails are beautiful, I don't know what she is looking at? Ignore her and get rid of her comments. It maybe interesting to look at her work??? Stick at it hun, you are briliiant at nails. Keep up the good work xxx

OMG! :eek: How rude is that!

I would take it off asap, you dont want any clients reading it.
Why dont you delete the option for people to comment on your photos on your website? If this person has done this once, whats to say she/he wont just keep commenting?

Websites are one of the best forms of advertising, how about getting a professional web designer to take over from you & stick 2 fingers up to this person by having the best website ever!

I highly recommend Ruth Mills on here, she did my website & many fellow geeks sites, there is also a site that you go in to edit/update info etc & you would get an email to say you have a testimonial, which you then read & confirm it is ok to go on your site- if you dont like/disagree with the comment you delete it & no-one sees it.

Hope that makes sense & helps xxxx

the post has only been up a few days, my clients reading it would laugh and some will know where its come from, but for those new customers i am anoyed, this is the second incident/attack on my business the last week the first was verbal slander, both i think from the same source. I feel that maybe i should reply very professionally, leave it for a few days then remove both comments..?

That would be a better way of editing and feedback as I am interested in peoples views but sadly no i dont have this facility on my site so i either check it daily for comments or remove the facility..! I like to be sure sure of who it is althought I am 99% sure. Proof would be better.

hi charly i had the same problem apart from where i live i have a lot of competition and i have had them write nasty things on my website so i just deleted it. x i hope this does not get your confidence down i am sure you are a fab nail tech and do a great job x

Personally, I would remove the comment immediately.

I would also not allow anyone to directly write things on my website. I have comment boxes, but I get notifications if someone writes something and I have to approve it before it appears on my website.

I feel that maybe i should reply very professionally, leave it for a few days then remove both comments..?
That would be a better way of editing and feedback as I am interested in peoples views but sadly no i dont have this facility on my site so i either check it daily for comments or remove the facility..! I like to be sure sure of who it is althought I am 99% sure. Proof would be better.

Then that is what you should do, take your time wording your reply & try to answer in a way that belittles her whilst being professional, something like.............

Ok, well that is your views & opions & even though I know who you are, being as your a "professional" too I would like all my clients to know I would never be so rude or disrespecful as to make such a nasty comment on a client, be it her hand or anything as I really am a professional in every sense of the word. Jealousy really is an ugly thing! Now, this stops now, if this carries on I will have you for slander.

(or) I cant believe how unprofessional you are by commenting so rudly about a client

Something along those lines. x:hug:x

Take it down; you run the site and your business, strangers/competition do not.

I would set it up so that no one could comment on your gallery; or have it so that you can approve all comments before they are posted.

Last edited:
I totally agree with Erin. Take it down and move on, that is the professional thing to do.

Hi,
I'm new to salon geek and haven't posted anything yet but thought I'd answer this.
I have my website guestbook set up so that any comments posted I have to authorize first. Delete that one and change your settings. Hope that helps 

Hi, I agree with other geeks delete the post and do not let it worry you anymore. I am about to set up my own website and I would feel hurt and annoyed that someone would slander me in this way. But you are above her and a professional. It is horrible when something like this happens. Keep you chin up and carry on with the good work you are doing.
XX:hug:

yes delete it, your work is lovely.
You know it is not a genuine prospective client and no 'real' professional would post something on someone's website like that.
I agree that if possible you should change your settings to authorise comments before they are published.
Dont let it get you down as you know it is just spite and/or jealousy. :hug:

I think your nails are lovely and your shaping is very consistent. I wish my oval nails came out like this :)

btw I believe it was Gigi that had this quote in her tag line......

"Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” Zig Ziglar

Just delete the comments and let her get on with it, but don't take it personally. Some people have nothing better to do with themselves apart from make themselves "busy" :hug:

Plus looking at your critiques, we all know if there is something wrong with them there then people would say! and so far they've all been pretty good x

I had something similar which was written on my Facebook page, I gave a reply back without being rude - something along the lines of it being their opinion, this then made them think I wasn't bothered and also, if they continue to keep commenting people will realise they're just being a nuissance, rather than constructive.

I got many texts and messages from other clients all saying to ignore the ladies comment - I felt more proud to keep the message there as it showed I had nothing to hide or cover up :)

I would definately just delete this comment and not give any response, what people like this want is a response and to not get one annoys them.

Your work is lovely and for them to comment so personally on a client, regardless of who it is is absolutely disgusting and couldnt be more unprofessional. Speaks volumes about the type of person they are.

I will always beleive that if someone knows they are good at their work and have a successful business, why would they use their time slandering others? Its unecessary, its petty and its pathetic. Leave them to it and carry on doing your good work :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back