What should I put my prices up to for nsi sculptured nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
hi geeks im wondering if use could help me,
i have been doin nails for 3 an half years, well 4 an a half but kind of had 1year out. i want to put my prices up just for my nails but not sure what is a best price to put them at, i currently charge:
sculptured pink and whites £20
Colours £23
Glitters £25
Infills £13
Infills and backfills £17

Other salons near me charge £30 and £40 for the nails I charge £20 but they have been established for years and I have only been here a year and some days I'm lucky if I get 1 customer a day! I don't think there's anything wrong with my nails and I am quite confident in doing them and I allways get compliments and have regulars and I take 1 an half to do them. There is another salon that does tips and overlays and charge £25 and are allways busy an the customer is out in like 20mins so a lot of the young ones go there!
What do you think is a fair enough price increase without losing the only clients I have?

Here's my facebook group so you can see some pictures:
SELINA'S NAILS AND TANS | Facebook

hi
im a nail tech student & charge really low but as high as im allowed by insurance, maybe when you put your prices up you will get more clients, people judge your work by your prices without even trying you. where i live is a poor area and still a low price does nothing people would rather go with the highest price as they belive " you get what you pay for " if you are good and confident in your services then charge what you belive they are worth
bea

thanx for your quick reply bevi and i think your right i just dont want to lose any customers,do you think a £5 increase on each full set is too much?but then I'm still cheaper than everyone else near me. Iv kept the same prices for 4 an half years!
I'll be keeping my tans at £15 and all my other treatments the same I think its just the nails. I'm on the first floor of a hairdressers which has been there for donkys years and his clientelle are mostly older ladies who don't want there tans of nail extensions so I gotta get most of the clients myself! Iv stopped doing tips and overlays aswell and not done them for 1an half years just wondering wether to start doing them because a lot of youngs one like them

i think £5 rise would be ok, you just need to be carefull how you go about it, maybe you could do the introduce a friend for a discount for the clients you have already, then they would be paying what they are used to but the new clients are paying the rate you want. i think as you have everything in (so wont cost you anything more) offer whatever you can as you may find a new client base. I give my oaps a small discount for manicures as they tend to be the most loyal and they tip, so they end up paying me full price anyway lol

Hello!

I would offer a loyalty scheme or refer a friend and receive.....
With the refer a friend, make sure the friend has a full priced treatment before you give the client discount or complimentary treatment.
I would defo increase your price, if any1 asks just explain that it was at a lower rate while you trained etc.
I had a look at your work facebook page, really good pics of your nails:)
You need to charge what your worth
Offer as much as you can, that way you will attract new clients. Get the OAPS on manicures or file & polish.

Emma x

If you're thinking about putting prices up, I wouldn't increase them too much. I know someone who works in beauty and increased her prices by SEVENTY per cent (from £15 - £25 for one treament) and them they wonder why nobody wants to use her.

Imo, the increase should reflect the current price plus, at most 20% - 25%. You dont want to scare clients off, but at the same time, you do need to make a little extra?

20% on a £20 nail treatment is £4 (hence £24) but I think anymore would outprice your clients/customers.

Hi
Maybe it's not you or your prices that's the problem, maybe it's the salon your in? ie. not the right clientele?, reputation?, advertising for them and you? Are you highly visible in their window? (Name, Price List etc...) I've had a quick look on google and this is the best I can find for them Hairtek - Middleton - Powered by WAMPIT® and your website is out of date, it still says your opening soon.

On the price front I would raise them closer to your competitors but possibly keep your loyal customers on a reduced rate so as not to lose them? Do you do any offers within the salon? ie. discounts for hair clients and maybe they do discount for your clients?

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back