What should I say?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
So annoyed with myself

Did a soak off and new set first thing,lovely lady been coming 6 months, always has shellac over l&p.

I forgot and charged her infill price & shellac.

Do I suck it up or message her?

If so what should I say?

Thanks, all advice welcome. Still can't believe I forgot, too busy gassing I guess! Put my prices up by £1 this week and this has just about cancelled out any benefit!

It's the first time we've soaked and done new tips so if I let it go, she may wonder why I charge more next time?

I'd send a message (if you can) and say, 'oh gosh, I've just realised whilst cashing up for the day that I only charged you for an infill and Shellac and not the full soak off which is usually £xx, don't worry about it this time but just for future I don't want you thinking I've jumped my prices up'...

That way if she's feeling generous/appreciative of what you do she may even pop back in with the difference but if not you'll have to suck it up, at least you're covered for next time! :)

I've done this before when I've been so busy in the salon & they've added a treatment on, say a brow wax - I've just had to suck it up as it was my fault, I now make sure i double check the system and add everything on! X

I did Emily, almost word for word lol (thank you) ... Immediately she offered to bring it round tomorrow, bless her, and I've said to absolutely not worry but thanks for the offer. :). So she knows for next time.

Thank you everyone xx

Brilliant. I always think it's a good idea to let them know for next time but accept it was your mistake. It's great that she was kind enough to offer too xx

So annoyed with myself

Did a soak off and new set first thing,lovely lady been coming 6 months, always has shellac over l&p.

I forgot and charged her infill price & shellac.

Do I suck it up or message her?

If so what should I say?

Thanks, all advice welcome. Still can't believe I forgot, too busy gassing I guess! Put my prices up by £1 this week and this has just about cancelled out any benefit!

It's the first time we've soaked and done new tips so if I let it go, she may wonder why I charge more next time?
I've done it too, however I've had a client not pay at all, to be fair I think she thought while paying for her hair cut that she'd paid for her nails too. Just put it down to experience x

It's happened to me before too don't worry! Let her know you undercharged her but that you will let it go because it was your mistake she will appreciate that

Latest posts

Back