What things do you do for clients, that make a difference to your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gina Ballerina that is priceless can't stop laughing tears streaming .:biggrin:

For all first time clients, I give them a £10 off their next treatment. I often give away solar oil minis to regulars. On the first of the month I send texts to every client with a birthday that month offering £5 off any treatment taken in the birthday month.. I give A1 treatments and charge a fair price! I bend over backwards to fit them in, and promptly reply to texts/emails. I also encourage them to contact us 24/7 which they love, so they do it when they think of it, rather than when we're open. I do free makeovers so they leave my salon with a face of Jane Iredale make up, loveit and buy it (that's the plan lol)

We had a lovely surprise yesterday. We had a mother and daughter coming to see us - me and my daughter - for manis and pedis for a big wedding they are going to on Saturday. They brought a picnic hamper with croissants, bucks fizz, glasses, plates everything. It was really lovely, but admit I felt a bit wrecked for the rest of the day!

Vicki x

I like the birthday texts idea! I might pinch that one!

I would also add that I don't discount. If I do Shellac fingers and toes that's what they pay for. My prices are reasonable, so I don't see discounting as necessary. I have occasionally done a 'package' but often find clients want to change what's in the package which makes it a pain, so I don't really bother any more. I'm much more likely to do an 'add on'. These are mini treatments that can be added to any other treatment but can't be booked on their own, so we do add on back or foot massage of 15 mins for £8 or add on a full make up for £10. I will occasionally do these as a promo - book a facial in July and get a free 15 minute back massage etc!
Every so often I do a 15% off all Environ and Jane Iredale to all clients - not just existing users, and that is a massive money spinner - great when your tax bill is due lol!

Vic x

This sounds lovely do you do it at the end of the treatment? xxx

I do the exfoliation before the shellac application and I do the massage after :))

Lovely idea about texting clients when it's their birthdays!! :) sounds great x

Nicola! Xxx

I use mailchimp & have designed a mailing system of current and old clients. Ive got a template ive designed with a birthday discount to the client to redeem within 2 month of their birthday. It looks professional so we'll see how it goes. Mailchimp is great for newsletters, sending emails & it tells you who's opened the email. It also allows you to put a subscription tab on your website for traffic on your website to join. I'll see how it goes :D Also have 10% discount on my leaflets to all new clients who come to their 1st appointment with the card.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Theres a thread called 'Facials & added nice bits' if you guys want to search for that & read - it was a good one!

Well i don't really give them anything apart from a cuppa.

I hear all their moans and groans and offer advice when its asked for. I notice when they have new shoes/bags etc and compliment them, i make a note if they're going away or to a party so i can ask if they had a nice time etc. If they're not a Shellac client I let them borrow the polish they've picked for touch ups in case they ding on the way home.

I let them bring a friend or their kids, occasionally their dog :lol: and supply kiddy games and Cbeebies. I keep a spouted beaker so a toddler can have a drink and not spill everywhere.

If they have a bad back (they often do lol) they're allowed to take cushions from my sofa to sit on or stuff behind them.

Nothing that costs much but they keep coming back and everyone says they feel very comfortable so hopefully that's enough! x

Well i don't really give them anything apart from a cuppa.

I hear all their moans and groans and offer advice when its asked for. I notice when they have new shoes/bags etc and compliment them, i make a note if they're going away or to a party so i can ask if they had a nice time etc. If they're not a Shellac client I let them borrow the polish they've picked for touch ups in case they ding on the way home.

I let them bring a friend or their kids, occasionally their dog :lol: and supply kiddy games and Cbeebies. I keep a spouted beaker so a toddler can have a drink and not spill everywhere.

If they have a bad back (they often do lol) they're allowed to take cushions from my sofa to sit on or stuff behind them.

Nothing that costs much but they keep coming back and everyone says they feel very comfortable so hopefully that's enough! x

Lol sounds just like my salon! :D

Im mobile, and my special extras are:
£5 off voucher and a card for their birthday.
Free welcome pack for all new clients (mini solar oil, file, body scrub, loyalty card, recommend a friend card & pricelist).
"Trial" treatments each month where my most loyal clients can sample a specified treatment half price (when booked alongside their usual appointment).
I always give an outstanding service, and they get the pleasure of my company for free!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont do offers or giveaways, i used to do birthday money off but cant keep track now so stopped,i have loyalty cards where they get a stamp per visit or friend recommended and then £5 off sfter 6 stamps...for me thats enough.

What i do do is remember what they like and dont like and when im ordering new colours or glitters i keep in mind particular clients and what they like....client have said that they come for much more than just getting nails or a treatment, they come for the chat, the coffee/hot chocolate and that i care about what i do and am mindful with clients of what they can afford and how often they can come. I have been getting my nails done for 25 years and every place i went i was just another client, a number even so when i opened i wanted clients to feel special, to feel that they were getting good value for money and a bit pampered and apparently thats what ive achieved!

Latest posts

Back