What time do you put your kid/s to bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my son was around 1y old, he was going to sleep at 19. And wake up at 6 or 7, what was way too early. I can't start my day at that time. I was complete mess at that time. Now he's 3, and is going to sleep at around 21.30-22 a d wakes up at 10. Much better for us, everyone is happy. And he is not sleeping in day time either, can't find any way to change smth. My youngest who is 7months is not sleeping before 23. No way of making her asleep at 9 for whole night.
While we all are at home, it's good for us. When the school will come, hopefully smth will change

My youngest daughter who is nearly 2 doesnt sleep, and has never slept all the way through the night from birth, in fact am lyin in bed next to her as she has just that second fell asleep I am at my wits end, now dont get me wrong we have tried everything to get her to sleep and she just wont, shes my 5th child and never had this problem before

My youngest daughter who is nearly 2 doesnt sleep, and has never slept all the way through the night from birth, in fact am lyin in bed next to her as she has just that second fell asleep I am at my wits end, now dont get me wrong we have tried everything to get her to sleep and she just wont, shes my 5th child and never had this problem before

My daughter is 15 months and she's the same, I understand your frustration! My niece and nephew are 3 and 2 and they've never slept through the night, neither has my friend's toddler. My mum tells me I didn't sleep through until I was 4! I'm sure there are some children who sleep very well from a young age but I don't believe every mother who claims their little angel is a perfect sleeper ;)

If they wake up just put them in bed with you. They'll sleep through then.

Not ideal but... Sleep deprivation is a KILLER literally!

Hi there! Have you asked your gp about a sleep clinic? I had to take my little boy to one at 1yr old as he never slept through, they don't sleep at the sleep clinic (as I was terrified of going as I thought I'd have to leave him there!) the speak to you & ask about the child's routine? Turns out we were giving him too many bottles & not enough 'food' also keeping the Telly on til he falls asleep, (quiet time for half an hour before bed, only soft toys/blocks, nothing that makes noise) no naps after 3.30(hard to keep them awake I know!)

A few things but I can tell you it made a difference!!

Not many people know about Sleep Clinics but they are very common & run by NHS - the staff that helped us were amazing!

This is how we ended up co-sleeping. I know it's not for everyone!

We found the sleep clinic absolutely useless unfortunately.

Vicki x

Normally it shouldn't be that way..speak with your hv or gp. Kids need to sleep all night and without having milk in the middle of night.

My daughter is 15 months and she's the same, I understand your frustration! My niece and nephew are 3 and 2 and they've never slept through the night, neither has my friend's toddler. My mum tells me I didn't sleep through until I was 4! I'm sure there are some children who sleep very well from a young age but I don't believe every mother who claims their little angel is a perfect sleeper ;)

Actually my one is :D from 3rd or 4th day of her life she's sleeping all night- from 22-23 till around 8in the morning when she wakes up for milk and sleep for another 1hour. 7months gone like this :))

My daughter goes to bed at 6.30pm and sleeps till 7am and has done this since she was 9montjs old (she's now 2.5yrs) my son who is 3.5yrs is a different story he has hardly slept a full night in his life so end up co sleeping a lot it's not the best but it's easier then dealing with a tired toddler and a very tired mummy! The past month he is getting better and goes to bed at 7/8pm and 4 out of 7 nights sleeps through x

I read the gina ford book on weaning and loved it,

My girls have always had a strict routine
All slept 12hrs since 4/6wks old,
Eldest is now 7 and is in bed for 7 like her sisters but reads for half an hour.

I had 3 under 3 (no twins) a hubby that's an infantry soldier and never at home. For us routine worked, the weaning book worked and the girls eat and sleep well

Everyone can only do what's right for their family

Latest posts

Back