What to do? CND, NVQ or other?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsie

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here and thought I would ask your advice.

Ive decided I want to train in Nails initially. Im looking at CND or NVQ 2 Nail Services at college. I want to work for myself so not looking to gain employment as an employee. What do you think I would be better off doing? Would it be worth doing the CND course as I kind of think for the amount of time its gonna take me to become competent, I may aswell do the NVQ and gain more practical knowledge on the course?

Also, Has anyone done their NVQ 2/ any courses through the Carlton Institute? If so, how did you find it and do you feel it was worth it? Im also looking at doing the NVQ through them, as well as some individual beauty courses.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
hi doll,

im not in the uk so i dont really know what is all entailed in the nvq course. but what i do know is that after using a bajillion product lines, i am 100% a cnd girl. nothing has ever compared for me. polishes, gel, mani/pedi products, you name it, i use it. it's a dream.

Latest posts

Back