What to do when doing a gel polish soak off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Can anyone offer me any ideas of what i could do whilst i am soaking off my clients gel polish, sometimes it takes quite a while and there's only so much 'small talk' one can make!

I normally get my client a drink and a magazine to look at whilst soaking but wondered if anyone dud anything else?

TIA 😉😃

I give them the color wheel so they can pick out their color(s). I have way too many to choose from so they take awhile to pick and I like to speed things along. Other than that I just ask them a question to get the small talk going and let them talk my ears off. I'm not a fan of having beverages at my table as people can be very careless at times, and we all know how expensive our equipment are.

Last edited:
I use gelish, I buff top coat off, then wrap in foil individually for each nail and by the time I've done all ten the first one is soaked off :)

While soaking I book their future appointments in if they haven't done them already and get them to choose a colour, by time I've done that and made a cuppa I start on the first hand :)

I leave them to soak for 15 minutes so I pop the foil on and get them a magazine to flick through for the 15 minutes and leave the nail table. All my clients love the few minutes to sit alone and relax because they don't get to do it any other time.

If we're in the middle of a conversation obviously I finish chatting before leaving, if it's a regular usually I'll just sit and chat to them, but for the ones that don't like to talk I just let them relax

I don't do anything different other than choosing colours, chit chat and a drink. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I was salon based I used to book my soak offs to come in 20 mins earlier so I could have them soaking while I finished up with the client before them. No awkward silences or random conversations :)

Latest posts

Back