What to do when there are no clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I apologise now for all the posts I'll be making!! Lol I'm moving to a beauty room I'm renting in a salon so I've got a lot of questions! Basically I'm renting it self employed but the owner will be advertising for me. I have a Facebook page already but it's under my own business name. I'll be using the salons business name so I'm not advertising as yet. My first day is next Thursday and up to now I don't have any clients booked in and the owner hasn't started advertising yet. I'm there from 9.30 - 8pm so what do I do? The place I'm working is a hairdressers and my room is at the back so do I stay in my room all day?! What do other self employed people do? Do you just go in when you have appointments or do you go in set hours? X

Don't wait for your employer to start advertising for you start yourself asap......I would say you need to build this business and be there for walk ins ....if your not there it doesn't look good ....get some business cards or price lists and put them on the hair stations so people can look when they have their hair done ....offer a free hand massage for maybe two weeks for example to people who are getting their hair done if you don't have clients ....don't sit back and wait for clients to come to you you could be sitting there forever only you can make this work good luck sweetie if you have the determination and drive you will succeed x

It depends if the hairdressers are ok with you being in the salon so ask if it's ok, My new nail lady comes and chats with my clients it's a very friendly salon so it works well, she makes teas and coffee while us Hairdressers are busy she helps clean (which I love!) she's one of us :) not just the beauty girl who hides lol, it's fab for building a client base, try and offer people a service that can be done during their colour development time, it's usually 30-45 mins most people will rather have something done than sit reading a magazine :)

I apologise now for all the posts I'll be making!! Lol I'm moving to a beauty room I'm renting in a salon so I've got a lot of questions! Basically I'm renting it self employed but the owner will be advertising for me. I have a Facebook page already but it's under my own business name. I'll be using the salons business name so I'm not advertising as yet. My first day is next Thursday and up to now I don't have any clients booked in and the owner hasn't started advertising yet. I'm there from 9.30 - 8pm so what do I do? The place I'm working is a hairdressers and my room is at the back so do I stay in my room all day?! What do other self employed people do? Do you just go in when you have appointments or do you go in set hours? X

You can't use the Hair Salon's business name for your business. The Salon owner is just your landlord so should just be providing the room and basic amenities. It's up to you to advertise and build your business in your name.

Read this link for more guidance.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vtaxpermanual/vtaxper69100.htm

Ask if its ok for you to be on the salon floor when you're not busy so you're not stuck in your room.
Chat to the clients. Compliment something they're wearing or their hair. If they're regulars they'll probably ask 'oh are you new?' then you can swoop in and explain that you offer beauty treatments in the salon.
Maybe do an offer for anyone having their colour done to have their nails or something done while their colour is developing. You could gain some new regular clients who have their nails done every time they have their colour done!
Make sure you're always there for walk ins, theres nothing worse than a salon you go to and its always closed or they're never there. It looks bad and people just wont bother coming in anymore because 'shes never there anyway'.

I rented a nail table in a hair salon for a month and started off with no clients. If they don't mind chatting to the ladies who are getting their hair done and saying....why don't you have a file and polish for £8 or whatever you want to charge while your colour is on (it's normally around 30mins) not one person I asked turned me down. Easy way to fill your time, make sure you give them your procelist and talk about your services sell yourself for those 20 mins. They are your captive audience x

Latest posts

Back