What to pay / Pay Rises

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby19

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice / opinions on pay rates for therapists. I know this has been a hotly debated topic in the past but was wondering if someone could give me their opinions on my specific situation.

I have an 18 year old NVQ Level 2 qualified therapist working in my salon who has just completed and passed her NVQ Level 3 training making her able to carry out more treatments in the salon.

I've have paid as much as I could afford above minimum wage for an 18 year old during her first 12 months as an NVQ level 2 qualified therapist but I feel that I should be increasing her pay to reflect her new qualification. She will also shortly be 19 so I need to check the current government guidelines to see if I need to be increasing it anyway.

She has also reached a position whereby I can leave her in charge of the salon (albeit only for a few days) and I want to offer her a 'management bonus' when I am away and was wondering if anyone has similar experience or opinions to how I could deal with this.

Her review comes up at the end of the month so any opinions / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Regards
Ruby19

Latest posts

Back