What treatments on beauty bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've got someone booked in tomorrow for an eyebrow wax and tint (it's my first one since qualifying) I'm mobile and have a beauty bed but it's so heavy, I think its 18kg! Bear in mind I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 8 stone! Lol. Do I need to take it or can I just get her to sit on her sofa with her head back? What treatments do you take your bed for or do you always take it? X

always take your couch I am exactly the same as you and its not easy but it looks much more professional. xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I want to take it in a way but I'm doing her nails aswell and the thought of having to get my bed out then go back and get my waxing box and nail bag and then put the bed up arrgghhh lol x

You will probably be able do her brows much more accurately with her lying down that her sitting on a chair with her head back imo!

I agree I always took my couch when mobile for any type of waxing/tinting .....a couple of my clients used to say oh I'll just lay on sofa ....sometimes that was a bonus but I preferred the couch as can get to both sides easily and then not worried about wax/ tint whatever getting on their sofa .....I bought a lightweight couch 12kg still heavy when lugging in and out but I also bought a storage box on wheels ..I load everything into the box and then put the couch on top and wheel it ....so much easier ....I remember the days though of couch in a bag over the shoulder ...table and chairs in a bag over the other shoulder and pulling a storage trolley behind .....welcome to the world of mobile it's hard work unfortunately x

Mobile beauty therapists ... hard core girls and I bow down to you!!!

Where I live its all town houses.... Its another flight of blooming stairs just to get to their front room! xx

That's mobile I'm afraid !! Probably a good idea to invest in a lighter, more portable couch. But you will still have to spend your days lugging loads of stuff around, putting it up, taking it down, sorting it out, packing the car, unpacking the car..... Glamorous it aint ! Especially over here in Spain when you're doing it in 40C heat ;) Wouldn't have it any other way though.... the pro's out-weigh the con's. Plus think how fit you'll be ;) x

Totally agree with Cathi44. I've been mobile for 10 years now. It can be tough at times but worth it! I always have my couch in my car. If it's just for a small job like a tint, I ask if they want me to do it on my couch or on their sofa/chair. I always say 'what would be most comfortable for you?' As I want them to be happy & comfy in their own home!
& if you are finding your couch a bit much, def invest in a lighter one. I used to have a heavier one which was a pain. Mine is about 12kg I think from feelgood - they have a website or you can buy via eBay. Very good value & all my clients say how comfy it is.
Any queries don't hesitate to contact me - more than happy to advise!

Latest posts

Back