What warm waxing system is best for mobile therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123stephy_b

Reaction score
Hi guys I am looking at starting to offer waxing mobile but I'd like some advice on what warm wax system to use and why? Thank you :)

I don't offer mobile waxing myself but I imagine some of the roller wax systems would be better suited for mobile as they are quicker to heat up etc...

I have seen lots of threads on here in the past that have had lots of information about mobile waxing with great tips and advice for transporting wax heaters etc so take a look through some of those older threads.

Good luck

Thank you I will have a look through. I have been looking at the roller system is it a lot easier to use than pot wax?

I personally prefer the pot and spatula mainly because I only wax men and often male body hair is a bit longer/ coarser and I find it can drag on the hair and can be a bit painful. But I can see that for waxing a female clients legs, arms etc it would be much quicker. ...
It's often a personal choice ax to which method you prefer and I know of lots of therapists who much prefer working with rollers. Have you trained yet in waxing and if you have which method did you prefer?

Thank you for the replies I am currently doing my training in waxing at the min and my tutor recommended clean and easy but I wanted to get a few opinion before I splashed out as I don't want to buy twice

I'm mobile and use a hive pot and only had one accident, albeit a bad one where bag, towels and accessories had to be binned. I changed my taller bag to a sports bag, one with pockets either side. Wax pot goes in then towels and plastic that go on work table go to side of pot to wedge in that way, empty space I then put my tupperware that I use as mini bin for strips and sticks during wax. beside that i have another rectangular tupperware which has tweezers, small bottle of surgical spirit, some strips, cut strips for brows/lips, some cotton discs, tissues and some spatulas. On top of tupperware I put my towels for covering table during wax and this also creates good wedge effect for wax pot. One pocket has bigger bottle of surg', spare spatulas, cotton wool discs, pre and after lotion and strips. Other pocket has jasmine oil, gloves and bag that holds my lash tinting kit.
I put the bag in my boot only, never on car seat and I NEVER allow anyone else to carry it for me. I don't care how careful my husband or clients promise to be when carrying it I only trust myself not to swing it about!
I tried roller system many years ago but 2 different machines broke in quick succession, as said that was years ago and I'm sure the roller system is much improved and can cope better with being switched on and off frequently now. But I love my hive pot and am a speedy and good waxer so not too inclined to change.

I'm mobile & I use both pot & spat (hot wax) and the hive 3 chamber roller system.

I love my roller system, no mess, no accidents & much faster to heat up. Its also much easier to keep clean than my pot - but that could just be because I'm a messy waxer!

I have empty PR tins which go straight into my pot for my hot wax, and they have their own lids, so (touch wood) I've never had a major spill or accident. I have a wheely crate which straps into the boot of my car and keeps both my wax systems upright and secure during transit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've used the Australian Bodycare tube waxing system for years and love it. I did use rollers but found it dragged on the hairs, the tube system is much better for me. Also, if I ever did have an accident (I too had a disaster with a pot of wax in the car years ago!!), all the tubes have screw top lids and won't leak no matter what you do.

Thank you so much for all the replies I have just bought a new(ish) car and I'm not willing to risk the pot wax lol! Which brings me to my next question... Pros and cons of roller and tube wax?? X

I am mobile & use a pot & spatula. I keep my wax pot & accessorise in a basket style thing, I can pop it on my front seat with the seatbelt around it to ensure it is upright. If anything was to spill it would be in the basket. It also makes it easy to carry in to a clients house.

Xx

I'm mobile and have had many spillages when I had my wax pot in a bag, I now use a plastic box so it can't fall over, and like has been said I NEVER let anyone carry it for me!!

Latest posts

Back