What was your FB status today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I always struggle to think of status updates on Facebook and always end up putting something boring, so I thought we could start a thread to give each other ideas.

So I'll start, I havent done a status as such today I used one of the photos/slogans that I pinched from the quotations thread:

looking forward to seeing what everyone else puts.
Gem x

Aww that's a cute picture.
I'm a bit like you, can never really think of a good status. I usually just post an offer if i have one or thank you to whom ever has recently like my page. Or a beauty tip. That's about it haha.

I know what you mean. I post pictures of my work, offers, testimonials, articles of interest, articles about products I stock, things about the weather (snow, rain etc) and tie in to treatments (come and have a cosy massage or something)...just little things to keep you in mind. Window displays or seasonal displays in the salon, gift sets you've got. I have just realised that's quite a bit ha. Oh and my next aim is to start a blog, and then post links to that.

Blimey hellishbellish, yours sounds much more lively are exciting then mine. I'm going to have to step up my game :p

Thanks for the replies ladies I think I struggle because I only do Tans, it feels like I put the same stuff all the time x

Maybe you could post photos of celebrities that wear the product you tan with. Or interesting facts about why tans are better then..... and come up with something. Or use the weather as a tool.... like 'The snow is really making me wish i was sunning on a beach some where, least i have the next best thing... (then name your tan)' Or something like that.

I just put one about Rylan on big brother using the tan that we stock! It is difficult to keep thinking of things tho x

I just put one about Rylan on big brother using the tan that we stock! It is difficult to keep thinking of things tho x

Thats a good one! I find I get a good response from hints and tips but its hard to keep thinking of different ones x

I think the key with Facebook and social media in general is to plan your content in advance. Take into account some of the following:

1. seasonal events like: New Years, Christmas, Easter - create some seasonal posts and pictures.

2. annual events like: oscars, baftas, brits - any famous awards ceremonies in UK, USA etc - people love seeing recent photos of celebs and you could offer to do the same hair, make up or tan as a celebrity who looks amazing.

3. Any special offers you have (they can tie in with 1 and 2 above) to be really effective and catch peoples attention.

4. Salon News: Any notices about new products / services / training you're received. Any new members of staff etc.

5. Any world events or events in your industry that you find interesting / links to news stories etc.

We are www.facebook.com/easydry if you want to see the kind of posts we create. We try to post at least one thing per day and we aim to find things that our customers in the hair and beauty industries will find interesting.

I hope this helps?

Angela (Easydry).

Blimey hellishbellish, yours sounds much more lively are exciting then mine. I'm going to have to step up my game :p

Haha, I don't do it all in one go if that makes you feel better :)

Thanks for the replies ladies I think I struggle because I only do Tans, it feels like I put the same stuff all the time x

Could you do something along the lines of "got a busy day ahead making "your town" golden and beautiful today!" Try asking clients for testimonials about why they like your tan, and why they come back to you. Then put them on too. Any pictures of before and after for brave people. Or ask for models that will do that for a free tan, and then you can use them in promo things.

What about something like just cos it's white outside you could be nice and tanned in the comfort of our salon.

thanks again for the replies I do a lot of whats been suggested, I suppose theres only so many ways to say 'come and have a tan' lol. Unfortunately the only news articles towards tanning are a bit negative at the minute. I'll keep digging I think I'll have a nosey on you tube for some funny videos.

Latest posts

Back