what will be hair trends for 2011

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklekelly

Reaction score
hi all my hair pros what do you think will be on trend this yeah i have been reading some hair books and they are saying the 70s are coming back soft bobs with full fringes and soft tones such a honeys what do you think???

I really want to try the 'ombre' or 'dip die' technique ie- fern cotton and SJP this year , got a few clients in mind who it will suit :)

Not sure if its an up and coming trend but having a lot of people asking for copper at the moment which i quite like , get bored of doing the usual blondes lol x

I agree, coppers are coming back, and blondes are taking a backseat. Love the firey look of coppers with reds and browns....Also short full bangs with less texture is getting more frequent.
I hope not so much the 70's as I dont have any experience with those do's. Lotsa classes in my future:green:

i agree not happy with the 70s lol alot of my clients love the coppers to warm and firery i am hopin they are wrong not looking forward to retro again and as for blonde i dont thiik that will ever go out of fashion but i am trying to introduce my clients to tone and colour the dip die sounds intresting i have not done that as of yet what is the best method to do it :green:

Ginger and perms!!!

colour the dip die sounds intresting i have not done that as of yet what is the best method to do it :green:

I did this Ombre technique on a collegue , it looked so nice.
She's naturally a lv7 but has dyed her hair to 4N with a little 4R for a long time.
What I did was use Affinage B-Red with 40vol (its suitable for coloured hair),
take thick ish sections, back comb them a lot and put the non backcombed hair in foils with the tint and fold them.
Full head took about 20-30 foils.
It was subtle in salon but as soon as she went outside in the sun,
it was eyepoppingly red :eek: It looked lovely.
Just wish clients would ask for this technique :irked:

not the really tight 90's perm, but a soft big curl perm! im considerin one myself! im so bored of my flat straight hair, and it takes so long to curl with tongs! we just need one celeb to get a perm and the trend is off!

not the really tight 90's perm, but a soft big curl perm! im considerin one myself! im so bored of my flat straight hair, and it takes so long to curl with tongs! we just need one celeb to get a perm and the trend is off!

i do a lot of perrms on young girls because the like the volime aand body and because of the back combing theey love them soft waves in day va va voom at night

how does the really soft perms look? does it look naturel?

i would like a perm, using a big roller like a big setting roller?

has anyone done a big perm recently?

i done a perm on really long hair with bendy rollers! it looked fabulous!! like real ringlets my client loved it

Latest posts

Back