What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trooper_x

Reaction score
Okay so the last two years didn't go out and saved for a mortgage moved out last year and me and ex broke up so back at parents. Vowed this year I'd have as much fun as I can and booked holidays festivals etc..anyway

Been seeing this new guy who's saving up as he's travelling for 3 months in September. Thing is I really like him but last few dates apart from one we've just stayed in. I'm not shallow but want some one to have fun and go out and do stuff where as he can't. Do I keep seeing him? Just was meant to go on a date tonight but then tells me he's paying out £500 which made me feel guilty and was like well just chill at mine...

Ahh what do you think xx

Why dont you keep seeing him low key and go out and do stuff with your mates? His circumstances might change soon, but if not you'll have spent time with him enough to know if he's someone you want to be with.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Okay so the last two years didn't go out and saved for a mortgage moved out last year and me and ex broke up so back at parents. Vowed this year I'd have as much fun as I can and booked holidays festivals etc..anyway

Been seeing this new guy who's saving up as he's travelling for 3 months in September. Thing is I really like him but last few dates apart from one we've just stayed in. I'm not shallow but want some one to have fun and go out and do stuff where as he can't. Do I keep seeing him? Just was meant to go on a date tonight but then tells me he's paying out £500 which made me feel guilty and was like well just chill at mine...

Ahh what do you think xx

If you really liked this fella I don't think it would matter where you went (out or home). There's nothing wrong in realising your idea of a date/good time is not the same as his and there's nothing wrong with deciding to not continue the relationship lovey- that doesn't make you shallow, you just like different things. The fact he won't be around after September would put me off tbh, what if you really fell for him?

I remember years ago having a date arranged with this guy from work, who I'd taken some time agreeing to go out with, right at the last knockings he cancelled the date because the next week he was going on a lads holiday. At the time it upset me, but in hindsight I get why he did. I know it's not the same thing for you, but do you get what I mean?

... don't get me wrong the poor sod never got any account/payroll favours after that little display ;) :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would stick with him. Sounds like he's sensible with money. Someone like that can come in very handy in the future if you decide to stay together.

When I met my hubby we were in a similar situation. I'd just got out of a horrible relationship and wanted to party. He was paying off his student loan. We stayed in most nights and had cheap nights out. It's all paid off in the end. 16 years later and we're very comfortable thanks to his sensible approach to money.

My thinking is if in doubt then there's a problem. Go with your gut instinct its always right..x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also is it the money or does he just not like going out? Or does he just not want to spend money as in cheap skate? As a drink at a pub could literally be a few pounds! (Don't mean that horribly)

But I agree with another comment going travelling for 3 months would worry me! Have you talked about what's going to happen during/ after that? Just out of interest hope not being too nosey!! X

I agree with facelashbrow. I wouldn't rely solely on one person at this stage. Have your cake, eat it, with cherry on the top and the cream too iykwim !

Latest posts

Back