what would you have done??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola67

Reaction score
Hi there, one of my clients came in the other day with 2 cracked nails, both little finger and cracked right across the stress area, she had also cracked her natural nail underneath. I tried soaking them off with a view to redoing them, but the acetone was stinging as her natural nail had cracked too. In the end I just buffed the product right down as far as I could and re applied over the top.
The problem is I'm not sure this was the right way to sort out the problem as the crack is still there, just with product over the top. I couldn't take the length down or anything as it was too painful for the client. I had to be really careful even with the buffing. Also I'm a bit worried about infecting the cut.....?:eek:
I've sent her off and said I'd ring her in a few days, when it's not so painful and we'll look at removing the whole enhancement and starting again, although I'm wondering now whether I'll be able to get a tip on if it's still sore.
Do you think this is the right thing to do or would you have done something different. I haven't had this before, usually when there's a breakage it's clean off........
Any advice would be great. Thanks
Linds x

I would have done this....

Quote from Geeg....

How to deal with the breakage:

First sanitise hands thoroughly. Then, open the wound slightly and sanitise it. this will sting but only momentarily. Then open the wound slightly again and using a pharmaceutical grade EC resin adhesive, apply to the wound and close it up applying gentle pressure until dry. The pain will be relieved immediately.

Then very gently, thin any product in the area over the breakage while supporting the nail from beneath with your finger, all the time, and sanitise and re-apply l/P over the area to re-enforce the break.

If the client/you experiences any painful throbbing during the next 24 hours, the enhancement will have to be removed BUT ... I have never had this occur to a client whose nail I have mended EVER. By the next rebalance, you can either soak/file gently off and reapply or leave it alone to grow out naturally.

Latest posts

Back