what you all having for easter dinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lamb, cornish hen stuffed wi wild rice , ssalad cocnut cake apple pie,gen beens and crawfish soup

Roast Chicken with all the trimmings

Cheese cake for afters but not for me im having fruit salad

princesslilyxx said:
Hi all!

I want to make a beef casserole tonight but only thing is not too sure how to make it! I know how to make braise steak! can anyone tell me please!

Thanks for your time!

Babe, that's my speciality!

Enough for 2/3 people

Ingedients:
Braising steak
2 leeks
2 carrots
1 onion
some garlic
2 celery
1 parsnip
3 potatoes half boiled and halfed
Beef stock cubes
Worcester sauce
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Red wine (any laying around)
Tomato ketchup
plain flour

Preheat oven to about 160 and put in casserole dish to keep hot.
Next heat some oil in a large pan (I use a wok as more room in it.) wok if you have one.

Add garlic for a few seconds then coat the pieces of meat in salt, pepper and some plain flour and add the meat. Cook it till browned on a high heat then transfer in to casserole dish in oven.
Keep pan on heat though but lower heat a little.

Put a little more oil in pan and add chopped up onions, leeks, carrots,celery, parsnips.

Make beef stock (2 cubes) with boiled water in a jug (about half the jug), add a few splashes of worcester sauce and red wine (can also use brown ale in you have any).

Pour a little of mixtue over veg in pan and mix together being careful not to break up the veg.

Take the meat out of the oven and return to pan along with veg then add rest of beef stock mixture. Add pinch of mixed herbs, salt, pepper and a squeeze of tomato ketchup. Add about 4 more (large) splashes of worcester sauce and mix well.

Let mixture in pan come to the boil then pour the whole contents in to casserole dish and put back in oven with lid on for about 1 hour.

Take out casserole dish, stir and add potatoes, replace lid and back in oven for a further 30 mins. Check to see if potatoes are soft enough and meat is cooked enough. Replace if necessary and check every 10 mins or serve if ready.

Voila swwetie! They will make you make it all the bloody time that's the trouble!!!:lol:

Let me know how it turns out.

Enjoy
xx

I haven't had anything except a Cambridge Diet milkshake whilst I watched my family tuck in to a full roast dinner prepared by my mum - poor me!! will all be worth it by the summer though lol!!

I had KFC....was finger lickin!

We had roast turkey, it was luvvley!! followed by more easter egg........ and now I feel ick!!

Latest posts

Back