what you all having for easter dinner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
i'm having 5 guests for dinner today....here is my menu

stuffed king prawns wrapped in parma ham and served with garlic butter and home made bread for starters

turkey, roast potatoes, mustard mash potatoes, sage and onion stuffing, sausages wrapped in bacon, home made yorkshire puddings and butter glazed carrots for main course

home made meringue nests with fresh cream and strawberries for desert

i wouldnt normally make yorkie puds with turkey but everyone loves my homemade ones so i have been asked to make them

i better get a move on and get started....nop time for geeking till later :irked:

have a great easter sunday fellow geeks :hug:

stanleyann

I'm going to my great auntie's for easter with the baby, as my husband is working... she always does a fantastic dinner so I am looking forward to it!!!

Your menu sounds DELICIOUS!!!!

Your guests will be really impressed!!

Have a lovely time... and HAPPY EASTER!! XX

I think we will be having a barbie, if the weather stays dry :)

We are having beeg stew and dumplings cos thats what my kids asked for :) im not fussed food is food and it all makes me fat, got a nice roast tomrorow though.

I'm not sure what I'm having for food today..............probably Maccy D's for breakfast, lunch will grab a sandwich at Exeter Services and for dinner......well I really don't know what my Auntie will cook up for us when we arrive in...................SPAIN!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got my day planned. Im going to Carolines for dinner and off to Spain after with Nikki...I WISH!

Have a lovely time

Nikki said:
I'm not sure what I'm having for food today..............probably Maccy D's for breakfast, lunch will grab a sandwich at Exeter Services and for dinner......well I really don't know what my Auntie will cook up for us when we arrive in...................SPAIN!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
you lucky bugger:)
I am off to my sisters with my daughter, for a buffet lunch/drunken afternoon. no cooking for me. I just have to take a salad as over the years my mum and sister have come to believe that I am hopeless in the kitchen (hey it works for me) they are so bossy I just let them get on with it. they sweat it in the kitchen, their choice.
they are the type of women that like to take charge and they forget I am a mum of three and have been married for 22 years and actually a pretty good cook, but I dont mind at all.

Roast gammon cooked by my mum, can't wait. Enjoy everyone :)

you know the easter marks and spencers food ad....well thats what we are having....lol

Well we are going to freinds and i have made a lasagne and some spicy pasta....there is loads of us going and we will be playing pictionary lol

Amanda

ps im not sad honest :eek:

stanleyann said:

stuffed king prawns wrapped in parma ham and served with garlic butter and home made bread for starters

turkey, roast potatoes, mustard mash potatoes, sage and onion stuffing, sausages wrapped in bacon, home made yorkshire puddings and butter glazed carrots for main course

i wouldnt normally make yorkie puds with turkey but everyone loves my homemade ones so i have been asked to make them

i better get a move on and get started....nop time for geeking till later :irked:

stanleyann

What time are you dishing up, will I be there in time if I leave now????

Love

stanleyann said:

stanleyann

the meringues are made, the roast potatoes are all ready just to be flung in the oven, the turkey is in the oven just now....i smothered it in butter and tarragon then covered it with streaky bacon :lick:

i'm going to start to prepare my prawns now.....they are still whole in their shells....i hate pulling their heads off, always makes me feel bad :cry: ....they will be delicious once they are cooked though....lol

stanleyann

I'm staying in today with my Mam, Dad and Brother.

We had yorkshires, swede, carrots, potato and roasties, pork, peas and gravy. To top it off we had Cornetto ice-cream for desert.

Absolutely Lovely!

Pse, pse, pse could you post the recipe for the stuffed prawns when you get a minute - they sound delicious!!
Ta!:hug:

FlybyNight said:
Pse, pse, pse could you post the recipe for the stuffed prawns when you get a minute - they sound delicious!!
Ta!:hug:

prepare your prawns leaving only the tail on and de-vein them, slice into the prawn quite deep when de-veining but not all the way through........melt some butter in a pan and add some finely chopped shallots, garlic and tarragon and soften over a low heat but do not let it go brown......add a teaspoon of brandy and reduce the mixture till there is no liquid left....mix in some white breadcrumbs and then stuff down the center of your prawns.....after that wrap the prawn in some parma ham and bake in the oven for around 8-10 minutes

you need to use quite large tiger prawns for this so that you can get some stuffing in....small prawns wont hold much

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
prepare your prawns leaving only the tail on and de-vein them, slice into the prawn quite deep when de-veining but not all the way through........melt some butter in a pan and add some finely chopped shallots, garlic and tarragon and soften over a low heat but do not let it go brown......add a teaspoon of brandy and reduce the mixture till there is no liquid left....mix in some white breadcrumbs and then stuff down the center of your prawns.....after that wrap the prawn in some parma ham and bake in the oven for around 8-10 minutes

you need to use quite large tiger prawns for this so that you can get some stuffing in....small prawns wont hold much

stanleyann

I'm coming round to yours for dinner, I'll leave now!:lol:

Pickle said:
I'm coming round to yours for dinner, I'll leave now!:lol:

lol....looks like i will need to set some extra places for dinner :lol:

stanleyann

Hi all!

I want to make a beef casserole tonight but only thing is not too sure how to make it! I know how to make braise steak! can anyone tell me please!

Thanks for your time!

Hi my hubbys away so just were having spagetti bolognaise with garlic bread and for pudding were having strawberry cheesecake, this is my boys` favourite meal.:irked:

Kids are at the grandparents so me and hubby been to a pub in Barnsley that do amazing sunday dinners, I am now very stuffed, 4 courses, garlic muchrooms, roast beef, and turkey, stuffing, 6 veg,yorks pudding and stuffing massive plate, all homemade, delicious, had warm fudge cake with homemade icecream for afters, yummy.

Latest posts

Back