Whatever became of the CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylormadenails

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Not been on here for ages! What ever happened to cnd getting the led lamps? X

Did we ever find out when this was happening? X

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Why is everyone wanting an LED lamp so badly? I find the UV lamp perfectly adequate, while 1 hand is curing I get 2 minutes to do the other hand which works out ideal for me.. The only real benefit I see is that you won't need to change the bulbs. And the UV lamp works with most other products such as IBX due to emitting such a wide spectrum of UV light whereas an LED lamp emits a much narrower and more specific to the product range of UV light but in higher concentration which is why it works faster.

Why is everyone wanting an LED lamp so badly? I find the UV lamp perfectly adequate, while 1 hand is curing I get 2 minutes to do the other hand which works out ideal for me.. The only real benefit I see is that you won't need to change the bulbs. And the UV lamp works with most other products such as IBX due to emitting such a wide spectrum of UV light whereas an LED lamp emits a much narrower and more specific to the product range of UV light but in higher concentration which is why it works faster.

Because you never need to change the bulbs on an LED, it also works out to be THOUSANDS of dollars cheaper than a UV lamp. Do the math and you'll see for yourself. Also consider that uv lamps loose uv output as they age so the cure that is so important in gel polishes and shellac isnt what it should be. That doesnt happen with LED lamps. The first cure is as good as the last.

Plus for hard gel I would use it- so much faster setting in this hot weather!

Extremely useful for nail art too. You can save time doing a normal treatment as JuicyLucy posted exactly how much time it saved her per client and how she achieved this.

I know this is naughty but on my acrylic nails in my own hand, I cured shellac in led lamp.

I'm an hairdresser too had hands in water a lot and not chipped or peeled. May be they r getting ready and altering the colours to cure under led.

I was sold a uv lamp about 2 years ago and it's extremely loud, I have 2 in use in my salon and clients always comment saying "it sounds like it's going to take off" I called cnd at the time of purchase and they said that because it doesn't effect the cure it is not classed as under warranty so the reason why I ask about the led lamp is because I need to replace the noisy lamp and if there is a new style of lamp I would prefer to buy that one, so was wanting to find out if any one knew anything about it as I've been waiting for about a year for this led lamp to be brought out x

I do the same as Snaz, it takes twice as long to do my own so I now use an LED lamp but would never use it on clients! The bulbs are a complete faff to change, run out far too quickly and I agree with you Taylormadenails, the lamps are sooooooo noisy.

Karaxxx

I would love an LED lamp. Mainly for doing art and additives as there are so many layers that need curing abd at 2 minutes a go it really drags things out

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe that it's coming at the end of the year or early next year, and it's going to be different to other led lamps. I cannot wait, yes 2 minutes is an adequate time to polish another hand but it will be invaluable for doing nail art, nail repairs, doing my own nails quicker and if you factor in the cost of bulb replacements, it's a no brainer for me. And a lot of the time I can polish a hand quicker than two minutes, time is money. I can't wait for it!

I can't believe they still haven't produced an LED lamp. Makes SUCH a difference.

They have been saying "end of this year, early next year" for agesssssss!!! I believe it was feb last year I first heard about this "LED" lamp..... If it even exists!

I have such a LOVE/HATE relationship with CND/Shellac. I LOVE their products & quality, innovations, ingenuity, client awareness but I SOOOOO HATE their lamp and all related issues!

I've had 5 lamps in my 4 years of using Shellac, after the first "broke down" I've never trusted one to carry on working so have a spare (what a waste of money) and HATE how in the LED issue CND are way behind other manufacturers.

Come on CND you're market leaders for goodness sake - LEAD!!

Karaxxx

Just reading your conversation and basically I was wondering what led lamp you had ? If you don't mind sharing ??? :p

I literally just got an e-mail from CND with a link to survey on LED lamps!!

I think focusing on the speed of LED lamps obscures the other important benefits of LED. LED lamps cost less than UV over the long-term. With no bulbs to change, we found that LED and UV break even in about 18 months. There's no fall off in output over the life of the bulbs providing consistent service over the life of the lamp. LED also appears to provide less UV exposure than UV (although we should be clear that the UV lamps are already quite safe). And because CFL UV bulbs contain mercury and are discarded regularly, LED is a better choice environmentally.

Just reading your conversation and basically I was wondering what led lamp you had ? If you don't mind sharing ??? :p

Gelish lamp, 18g x

I just received an online survey about LED lamps from CND and I must say they seem miles behind the competition in this regard. The questions they asked seemed basic, uninformed, and nonspecific. It doesn't sound like an LED lamp is around the corner.

They also had no space for a narrative response. It's as if they wanted answers to their limited questions, but did not really want to hear from us. I would have liked to tell them that a CND LED lamp must cure not only CND Shellac, Brisa, etc., it must cure most other LED polishes as well. I would have also said that an LED curable Shellac must, must, must be curable in other lamps as well - this "Only the CND lamp will cure Shellac" crap has got to go! I was very disappointed in the survey and what it seems to say about CND, especially in the context of the problems CND is having with the UV lamps.

I mostly stopped using Shellac when they did not go LED years ago, but had always hoped that they would produce an LED curable polish and a quality lamp to go with it. I have my doubts now whether even that would make me go back.

Last edited:

An OPI and a Gelish 18G.

Latest posts

Back