Whats happening???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberley*

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a bright blonde and get my hair dyed every 5/6 weeks usually, i always use the same mobile hairdesser and have never had any complaints. I get a full head of foils (bleach) and an all over semi permanent colour (like a creamy blonde), it always feels fresh and is really bright and completely covered....but a 3 weeks ago i had my usual and after 3/4 days my dark roots began to show, the colour seemed to be washing away?

My hairdresser agreed to put the all over colour on again for free, with no luck, it just didnt seemd to take to my hair as usual. it looked slightly better, but again after a few days, i was back to square one.

im now 2 weeks on and my roots are awful, soo dark about an inch from my scalp, looks 5/6 weeks old and its only 2 week.

I havnt changed my shampoo (i use the purple stuff for blondes), im doin everything the same as b4...what else could cause this?

sorry about the essay! xx

If its bleach foils it wouldnt have washed away, and I think she would have done the semi afterwards to tone it? not sure unless i saw you but a semi wont give you any lift so I guess it was to tone (take any yellownes away). Redoing the semi wont have made any difference to you feeling like u had roots really early...my guess is she either didnt do enough foils as she usually did and this left you with some old regrowth, giving you a rooty feeling...or she didnt do the foils close enough to your scalp. either way, the best thing to do would be to get it redone. but you need to be super careful with bleach that it doesnt cause damage. good luck :D xxx

getting it re-done tmoro. i rarely use straighteners, and have bought a leave in conditioner and hair mask so hopefully that would help. we shall c what happens.....thanks xx

Latest posts

Back