what's happening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
I'm having some problems with some of my clients' nails lately and i have no idea what's going on, so i thought maybe someone might be able to give me a clue. I work with pronails gels and usually my clients have minimal lifting considering they like to go 4-6 weeks between fills. But all of a sudden some of them are getting a lot of lifting, while others are having no problems. The worst is this one lady that never gets any lifting but the last two times i did her fills, the nails lift severely after 3 days or so. The only thing I've changed recently is from using acid primer to acid free primer, but the problems started before this change. I'm really confused because i just can't figure out what's happening. Can anyone give me a hint? I've been thinking it might be a problem with my lamp but the bulbs are only about 3 months old, my last ones lasted almost 12 months!

hmmm...sounds like it might be your bulbs!! They usually have 500 hours in them, wich is approximately 6 months worth for the average tech. Perhaps you have had your lamp on a lot more this time around???? Maybe the bulbs are a different brand...not as long lasting??? Are you still removing the cuticle as thouroughly as before??? Are you dehydrating the nail enough??? I have been cleaning with the dehydrater twice latley and have found this working well for me. Just a few thoughts.

I haven't been using my lamp any more than usual, but it's also the only thing i can think of that might be affecting my work. Well that, and perhaps my lack of inspiration. Lately i just don't enjoy working, i'm kind of fed up with it really. Does anyone else go through slumps like this? I'm fed up and i think it's because clients don't respect my time. I have working hours of 9-7 tuesday to saturday, yet as soon as i have a day off that's when they call me up begging me to take them because they are in need of a fill. And then i either interrupt my day off or else spend the rest of a day in a bad mood because i feel guilty about not helping them out. I've tried turning off my phone but they leave messages. It's upsetting because there is a receptionist at the salon but when she tells them i'm fully booked they still call me.... :irked: I feel like my entire life revolves around these people's nails! It's driving me mad!

Oh bless you hun, oh to have enough clients to have your problem,, chuck a few my way.
Why not ahve two phones i know this sounds daft but only let your porper friends have this number and make sure the other is turned off and let them leave the messages. Maybe they will learn to take bette care of their nails you should be entitled to ahve 1 day a week off sweetie. Dont let the buggers get you down. (can i say that sorry sam if i cant)
HTH

Latest posts

Back