What's the best toner/colour to get silver grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylemaisie77

Reaction score
Hi I've got a client I pre bleached his hair , and used Schwarzkopf dove grey , he says it's too dark , he wants silver, what is the best toner / colour to use and will his hair be ok to bleach again again after using dove grey? Thanku x

Do a strand and stretch test only then will you know if you can provide further treatment.

If not, tell him to fade it with Vosene lol

Then I would do a bleach bath with 3% and tone with Igora Silver or 8/81 Colortouch and 3%/1.9%.

Dilute with some base by 1/3rd incase the colour grabs, if the hair has high porosity.

The base needs to be palest yellow though for the Wella 8/81 silver to take. You could add some Wella 9/16.

Thanks

Jake

Last edited:
Schwarzkopf do silver in that range too...I used dove grey and found it too dark. I use the silver on a lady with already grey hair and it's beautiful, not sure how it would come out on pre lightened hair tho x

The silver comes out much lighter than the dove grey, but they do fade so you could do a bleach bath and then reapply the silver

What brand do you use?? Themilshake silver is great they do semi, Demi and permanent!! Depending on what colours desired sometimes I mix this with smidge of 10 and 10.21

Renbow Colorissimo from Italy is great , comes in 4 Grey shades and can be used to tint, lift or tone, according to 1:1 or 1:2 ratio and vol of peroxide. the pic of me is blue slate, but i bleached to pale yellow so not as blue.

I buy it online, colour is fab!

I've not heard good things about Guy Tang's metallics, some of them going Khaki.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1491558901.660616.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1491558928.190883.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1491558972.859370.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back