What's the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helnbak

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered if someone could clear up something for me. I want my nails done, but there are so many options i'm a bit confused! Whats the difference between regular gel nails & say soak off gels, is one an extension, and the other a laquer like Shellac? I was looking at OPI Axxium nails, which sort are these?
Very grateful for any answers. Im a nail virgin so have no clue!! Thanks:eek:

Hi there.
I think the only way forward with this is for you to tell the nail tech what you would like achieve with your nails - eg:
Do you want to keep your natural nails as they are but just colour them - with either an off the shelf polish, a hybrid longer lasting polish (like Shellac) or one of the many other longer lasting polishes like Gellish for instance.
Do you want length to your nails (tips or sculpts) and for them to be harder wearing (acrylic or gel over extensions), or just hard wearing on top of your own nails (acrylic or gel as a natural nail overlay).
Do you want them as a one-off, or are you prepared to return for infills (in the case of acrylic or gels).
Sorry to have gone on, but if you know what you want to get from your nails it will be easier to understand the options available.
Book yourself in with someone reputable local (let them know you are unsure as to what you want, so they book enough time out) and let them advise you what will work best for you.
Hope this helps.
JES x

Thanks Jes. Think thats the best idea. Just too much choice out there!! (especially for someone who hasnt had any nail treatment before) Thanks for your help. :D

Latest posts

Back