What's your best bargain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
I'm a massive bargain hunter and love to save the pennies, want shopping today and it got me thinking what's the best bargains you've had?

Whether it's ebay, markets or charity shops, thought we could all share :)

Even if it's a freebee (we all love those too!)

Some of mine (if I think of more ill post)

250 20 inch balmain hair strands (£4 - ebay! Unopened and still In its packet!)
Paul's boutique watch (50p - ebay!)
Balmain again - sent me a free colour ring ;)
Brand new fiorelli bag (£3 charity shop / still had the tags!)
Tigi discontinued their rockaholic shine blaster - B&m was selling these for £1.99 so I bought a basket full!
I once got a free takeaway as they dropped the pizza box.
A client (hair extensions) posted a £50 voucher through my door for a restaurant her husband owns.

Let's share! :) xx

I love bargains!! Keen charity shopper! I got given a shed load of wella and Tigi products for free from someone closing down a salon!
I got a 2 year old a Minnie Mouse plate, mini mouse pjs chocolate buttons a ballon card gift bag and farmyard pop up book for a tenner as a birthday present all from Home and bargains! And I was well impressed with myself! All lovely stuff too!
Got a flight to ibiza for £30 in the summer which was fun! Chuffed at that!
I got some superga white trainers that are £45 in the shops for £1.50 in a charity shops! Looked brand new I don't know why they ended up there!
I really could go on I just can't resist a good bargain! Xx

I can't resist! When I was younger I used to think charity shops were awful! But now I can't resist having a good digg around! I picked up a brand new lipsy dress for £10 last week. Also I'm a keen lover of the pound shop!

My wardrobe is becoming more and more of charity shop buys, the area I work in is not particularly good it's a bit run down so I've started travelling around to nicer areas and I come back with great stuff and nobody else knows (except any geeks now) my mum loves per una jeans from m&s and she's always picking them up for next to nothing! Xxx

I got a fabulous Belling double oven off of Freecycle. Perfect working order, beautifully looked after and has saved us a fortune!

I have a really lovely solid oak table in mint condition, that I bought off of someone my husband works with- cost us £60.

My home salon flooring would have cost around £80 in the sale it cost me £25.

My gorgeous Mamas and Papas buggy and car seat- if brand new it would be 4-5 hundred pound (would never ever pay that), I've bought it off my sisters friend, in mint condition, at most used for four months- cost £50!

My Mamas and Papas maternity trousers I bought brand new off EBay for £12 including delivery- would normally be £35.

Preloved or brand new, I love a bargain :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Got a laura ashley coffee table on ebay for £15 :) saw the same one going for £50 a couple days later!

My mum used to always pick up clothes in debenhams for £1/£2 a piece, I have no idea how

Love a bargain but I don't seem to find them very often since I hardly have the time to go shopping anymore x

Oh wow great bargains, yesterday I got my daughter a baby annabell interactive doll, baby anbabelle carry seat, a baby grow and socks for £31.00 from toys r us should have been £85! I will have a very happy little girl xmas day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got a Masai dress for £2 from the RSPCA shop. Saved £90. Well pleased.

Last week I bought 8 tubs of Carte Dor ice cream at 38p a tub as they were being discontinued. On Saturday I bought a Jelly Belly mug with the jelly beans included for only £1.25 reduced from £9!

I love a bargain but I really think hard about whether I actually need it before I buy otherwise I'd end up with a house full of ****e, like my MIL.

I don't need the icecream but its saved a fortune on dessert for the kids and the mug goes in the birthday party present box.

I hate bargain hunting ... :-(

I always buy bits as I'm going along for presents if they are a bargain. I love hamper making too - cheapish and thoughtful! :) also any friends having babies I also make nappy cakes :) xx

The only bargain I can think of was a pair of all saints sandals, should of been £150 and I got them in the sale with a % off on top for £40! Still a lot for sandals but they are real leather and iv had loads of wear out of them! My husband loves a bargain and practically talked me into getting them when I was unsure lol

I love a bargain, altho just dont have the time to hunt round & shop.

I always check out the sale section of asos, before a night out... Usually their half price or less. I bought a £55 dress to wear on Sat for £17.50 everyone commented how nice it was!

As we go away late Dec/early Jan I can find holiday clothes in all the sales online, river island I bought a pair of black wedges for £20 they were £70.

Xx

I am known amongst my friends for my bargain skills! I got a really nice new look coat that is in this year for a pound from a car boot. I got a quicksilver roxy coat (surf coat, perfect for dog walking) for 3 pounds, they about 100 new. A company sent me some love from Australia boots and because they sent me the wrong size and then couldn't replace them I got a lush pair that was originally over200 for eighty quid. For my friend a load of lipsy dresses off a girl at a car boot, some a pound, some two pound. I've had so many over the years, and I never buy stuff that isn't new or as new ether x

Interesting....so why does no one think a set of 'original' shellac nails from an experienced nail tech for £8.00 is a bargain?? :biggrin: ha ha

Interesting....so why does no one think a set of 'original' shellac nails from an experienced nail tech for £8.00 is a bargain?? :biggrin: ha ha

It is a bargain! Just the poor girl is working for next to nothing 😊 my guess is she isn't experienced 😜 at least not in business.

Lots of places discount colours (nails) that aren't popular. Which unless we are talking second hand things, is just the same. Stock they want to get rid of! Xx

It is a bargain! Just the poor girl is working for next to nothing �� my guess is she isn't experienced �� at least not in business.

Lots of places discount colours (nails) that aren't popular. Which unless we are talking second hand things, is just the same. Stock they want to get rid of! Xx

I know Steph it was just me adding something different to the thread (it made me chuckle) ....the same could be said for a procurement team if they buy more stock than they can sell. Stock will always be dead money unless you have a sale or return policy which are hard to come by these days. Anyhow, I am not a bargain hunter - I wish I was. :biggrin:

I know Steph it was just me adding something different to the thread (it made me chuckle) ....the same could be said for a procurement team if they buy more stock than they can sell. Stock will always be dead money unless you have a sale or return policy which are hard to come by these days. Anyhow, I am not a bargain hunter - I wish I was. :biggrin:

I know it was ment as a jest, I seen your smilies & added my own... 😜 lol.

I have a dress addiction, it wont get worn twice to the same place, or with the same people... & god forbid its on Facebook- it will only get another outing abroad! I can now do it without breaking the bank 😊 xx

Oh wow great bargains, yesterday I got my daughter a baby annabell interactive doll, baby anbabelle carry seat, a baby grow and socks for £31.00 from toys r us should have been £85! I will have a very happy little girl xmas day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh where from?

Oops toys r us, just re read sorry!

New look were selling of lovely pairs of heels for £1!
I bought 7 pairs! Lol can never have too much shoes ;) 👠

I also thought I got a huge bargain by getting a brand new Octonauts Octolab for my sons Xmas for £25 (usually £40) however a seen it on sale in asda a few days later for £19... Aah gutted :/

Latest posts

Back