When clients call products/treatments a wrong name does it annoy you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You post on a public forum you need to accept different views.

Did you expect to get a million posts that just agreed with you?

I do accept different views thank you. I just don't see why it has to be such a bitch fest. Especially your comments aswel!!! There's opinions then there's just down right rudeness and a personal attack... Read your comments back!! That's not just an opinion that you aired

My husband tells people that I put hot rocks on clients (hot stone massage).

People must think I'm some sort of dominatrix ;)

My husband tells people that I put hot rocks on clients (hot stone massage).

People must think I'm some sort of dominatrix ;)

Hot rocks?? Wow now that does sound like a torturous treatment lol x

I just remembered the most annoying one.
'What you 'avin dawn?'
'Im 'avin that frangeepanee wrap'

Oh are you really. I've just gone and set up for a frangipani wrap, damn it.

'What you 'avin dawn?'

Oh dear how do you say it!? Haha that's how I say it!

'What you 'avin dawn?'

Lol that's a funny one!!! :) I do the shrinking violet wraps and one client asked me once for info regarding my shrinking tulip wraps!!! Hahahaaa 😂 it was so funny!! :) x

When we used to caci facials, we had lots of clients who would look at the price list and say ooooh id like one of them " cackee " facials 😂 you gotta love them

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Fran G parn E

Or for the less posh version

Fran G pan E

That probably doesn't help. I don't know wether it's the pronunciation that annoys me, or the fact the person that's saying it sounds so common. /snob

Fran G parn E

Or for the less posh version

Fran G pan E

That probably doesn't help. I don't know wether it's the pronunciation that annoys me, or the fact the person that's saying it sounds so common. /snob

What is a frangipani wrap?? X

When we used to caci facials, we had lots of clients who would look at the price list and say ooooh id like one of them " cackee " facials �� you gotta love them

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought it was cackee as well - well, I thought it might not be but I always read it as cackee to myself . . . so is it "casey?"

I thought it was cackee as well - well, I thought it might not be but I always read it as cackee to myself . . . so is it "casey?"

Me too. It was a client that taught me how to pronounce it.

What is a frangipani wrap?? X

It's an Elemis body wrap treatment. The frangipani comes as a monoi oil (which is just a-maze-innnnng) you can use it as a hair oil, cuticle oil and body oil. It just smells gorgeous. In short the oil is applied to the body after body brushing, you get wrapped up and have a mini facial/face massage and scalp massage with the oil.
They've bought out a shower cream, body moisturiser and scrub now as well. You have to go smell it, it's divine!

It's an Elemis body wrap treatment. The frangipani comes as a monoi oil (which is just a-maze-innnnng) you can use it as a hair oil, cuticle oil and body oil. It just smells gorgeous. In short the oil is applied to the body after body brushing, you get wrapped up and have a mini facial/face massage and scalp massage with the oil.
They've bought out a shower cream, body moisturiser and scrub now as well. You have to go smell it, it's divine!

Wow sounds good! What benefits does it have on the body?? Does it help improve circulation, skin ttone, cellulite ect??

It's just a very nourishing treatment. Great for dry/lifeless skin. I find using an oil better than a cream for moisturising. It also makes your hair look really shiny if you leave it on over night.

I always read it as Cack-eye. :o

I had a client who came in and asked for 'Stringing'. Took me a while to realise that she meant 'Threading'. I was in hysterics but luckily so was she. It was my first time doing her treatment and she stuck with me after that, we always have such a laugh and it still gets brought up lol.

Laura xx

CACKY, I hear it every day....it's pronounced... KC or spelt as saying 'kay see '

Yes, true colourgirly... I'm sure all your clients know exactly who you are by your membership name!

I know full well most 'clients' wouldn't be in here reading all these pointless threads and working out where everyone of us works or what businesses we all have. I do hope some of them read the intimate waxing horror story threads to help those that have to suffer the stench.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes they know me as Mrs C Girly :)

I was in a salon where a girl who's english wasnt her first language asked the client if she wanted a blowjob instead of a blowdry but I think that's a whole other thread.........

Latest posts

Back