When to say "I love you"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't say anything yet, you may change your mind once the excitement has worn off and you'll be lumbered with him for years.

Should I get a hat?!!!! :Love: :Love: :Love: Aw nothing like that giddy feeling when you first fall in love :Love: :Love: :Love:

Don't say anything yet, you may change your mind once the excitement has worn off and you'll be lumbered with him for years.

lmfao @ that

Awww thanks everyone. I feel so special with you all taking the time to help me with my dilemma. Thanks to all my new pals!

Just tell him hun,if that's how you feel.

My other half told me while we were in a club with all his mates,i didn't hear proerly but they all did,we had only been together two weeks,and they gave him loads of stick :lol:

I didn't say it back,but he knew,it's not the words hun,but the feelings and if you feel it and want to say it,go for it x

I dont think that there is a set time to say I love you.

Let me turn back the clock a bit.

When I was younger, I fell in love all the time:rolleyes:
Would say it right off the bat... etc...
always a big mistake.

Then, when I'd washed my hands of men, and had decided to go to a sperm bank to start a family on my own (no, I'm not kidding, I had a savings account for it too).... that's when I met my hubby.
This was 10yrs ago.
Within 3 mths, we were living together, had a joint bank account and bought a car together. (keeping in mind, I had never lived with ANYONE before, and nor had anyone ever had a key to my place either)
While I held off for a few months before saying it, he said it first.
And he was surprised I didn't say it back.
I was afraid.

Turns out... he's my one and only and when he's late on the drive home from work.. I worry in a way I've never worried for anyone (not incl my kids).
he's my true love. No doubt about it.

for some people, saying I love you right off the bat is the right thing.
for others, it's not.

And, we don't know what's in your heart. How it does or doesn't differ from past relationships.
We are only bystanders with a small window into your life but no sound.
Am I making sense?
We can listen, be supportive..... but it's up to you ultimately.

Only YOU know, and only you can decide.

I'm sorry this isn't an answer to your question, but it's the best answer that I have.
I hope it helps anyway
:hug:

my hubby and i refused to say those "three little words" so we settled for the saying "tlw" which means three little words.. we have always said it written it and know that its a private saying.. hth.. find you own little saying.. explain to him you are falling for him in a big way but you dont want to scare him of with "those words" but you want him to know how you feel. it will all fall into place hun i promise:Love::Love:
My mum and dad had their private saying too. it was 1 2 3 4 5, which meant "I love you my darling":hug: They used to use it all the time too, not because they didn't want to say the real words, just that it was their own little private code.

Latest posts

Back