When to start charging

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalounewt

Reaction score
I am trained in gelish and acrylic but still dont feel confident enough! People are asking me to do there nails but i just dont think i can charge them! Im too nervous! Can anybody help me? X

If they're asking you to do their nails for them then you're good enough to charge! Xx

You should be charging a small fee to cover your products, £10 maybe, than build it up,if there asking you,than there happy with them,so charge

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I felt the same as you when I started but you're putting yourself out of pocket if you don't, the products aren't cheap.
I started with my family & friends & they understood I'd have to charge, for my product replacement if nothing else. My sister sometimes bought the colour she wanted rather than charging her but let me keep the product which help me build up my colour range.
The more times you do it the more confident you'll get. You just need to make the people aware that the initial price is not the price you'll be charging long term otherwise they may expect it to be. Good luck. 😃

Thankyou, i know i should but im really not confident and i always think people will be talking and laughing! Silly i know 😁😁 just look at some of the nails on here and there amazing! X

Thankyou, i know i should but im really not confident and i always think people will be talking and laughing! Silly i know 😁😁 just look at some of the nails on here and there amazing! X

Ask for models, say you want to practice (as that will help boost your confidence) and there will be a small charge for product costs, maybe only do models on certain days so people know that's not your usual price so when you feel confident enough to charge full price, nobody will be shocked.
When I started hairdressing I asked for £5 to cover my petrol cost so I could practice cutting for example. I do the same with acrylics, I ask for £10 to cover costs because I am competent but still new to it so need the practice. You will get there I'm sure. Good luck x

I recently trained with CND in Shellac and decided to charge £10 for the first 10 sets as practice. Then I made an 'introductory price list' which is £15 for Shellac but will only be doing this for a few months, then it will go up to £20. I put this final price crossed out so people know what it will eventually be. I don't know if that makes sense!
That way I get practice in, but am covering my costs. Then I can increase it without difficulty because I've made it clear.

I recently trained with CND in Shellac and decided to charge £10 for the first 10 sets as practice. Then I made an 'introductory price list' which is £15 for Shellac but will only be doing this for a few months, then it will go up to £20. I put this final price crossed out so people know what it will eventually be. I don't know if that makes sense!
That way I get practice in, but am covering my costs. Then I can increase it without difficulty because I've made it clear.

I think I'm going to do this.

Latest posts

Back