When you get pampered do you tell them your job ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujojones

Reaction score
I love getting pampered, and I always get my manis, pedis, facials etc I get them done at work, but when I go for a massage I go to another spa as I like being a 'client' and can fully relax! My old therapist is leaving town so I'm going to a new one, but I don't know if I should tell them what my job is! Am I being silly ? I hate the thought of going in saying ' I'm an aromatherapist' for them to either freak out or think I'm testing every move they make!

It does freak me out doing other therapists (even tho I've bloody good at at lol)

What Do you do when you get pampered? Or do you even get chance to go???
Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

if they ask I tell, if they don't ask, I don't tell.

I had someone in today for a reflexology, she is a reflexologist herself. I just floated away doing the treatment like I usually do and could see she was relaxed.

anyhow, at the end of the treatment, she slowly opened her eyes, and she looked at me in astonishment and said that was the best reflexology she had ever had.

Well I just punched her and said get away! but was dead chuffed and stood there like a little girl wiggling with happy thoughts.

I find most therapists appreicate you declaring at the beginning. I've had a few massage clients inform me that they are massage therapists themselves AFTER A TREATMENT......luckily I treat everyone the same, so hopefully manage. :o

I've got a sixth sense for therapists coming to me as clients, I can just 'feel' it!!

However, I am with Hippy Chick if they ask me I would tell them but I wouldn't volunteer it.

Jacqui xx

I've always gone to spas where I find they don't ask any questions (which is good) Then I went to a beauty salon a month ago for a facial and massage just for a pamper. as soon as the therapist walked in she asked me- where do you work?
I was shocked, no consultation or to check if I was allergic to anything, just that. So because of the bluntness I felt she recognised me or something, I just answered, im a therapist.
She was taken back and asked if I worked mobile? (I work in a salon) I went along with it pretending I was a mobile therapist. I felt Like I was having an interview throughout the whole hour treatment.
" what areas do u work, what products do u use, how many hours, where do u advertise" I had enough, it was my only time to relax and because I was making it all up on the spot I felt quite stressed lol!
I think next time I will just say, in boots! xx

That is so rude on every front"

Rude to ask you where you work and rude to ask you 20 questions.

The therapists who come to me normally ask me 20 questions lol

Jacqui xx

I was only thinking about this the other day, I'm trying to grow my nails after having them so short for college and really want to go get Shellac'd :)

I was wondering if I would sit their as 'client' or a practicing tech LOL

I do worry about the future though and someone coming for any treatment and being trained themselves ( in my head everyone gets treated the same but would nerves take over???)

However I think your therapist was quite rude as you were paying for a nice relaxing treatment and not a Q & A session! We were always told to keep chat to a minimum on our side but if the client wanted to talk/offload then be all ears and offer responses that lead to them talking more abut themselves.

I don't think grilling them about something you are both trained in is very relaxing conversation :) Is it Bus mans holiday the phrase I'm looking for?

Honestly I was gobsmaked! I was even giving her one word answers but she was so nosey!
Yes I agree I'd never ask any client where they work, I think it's so rude!
Half way through the grilling she even said, well leave ur number cause one of my girls is going on maternity and u could have a few hours here!! HILARIOUS! Hahah!
Honestly I could go on and on! Xx

one of the reasons why I stopped swapping treatments with fellow therapists is becuase I like to be treated like a client, I like the way I can dictate the treatment, if I want to talk I talk, if I want quiet I find most therapists respect that.

When clients come to me, yes, I can usually pick up on them being in the trade.

I tell all my clients that they are not there to keep me entertained, and to sink into the bed, close eyes and zzzzzzzzzzz, if they ask me a question I briefly answer it, but take leads from them.

Honestly I was gobsmaked! I was even giving her one word answers but she was so nosey!
Half way through the grilling she even said, well leave ur number cause one of my girls is going on maternity and u could have a few hours here!! HILARIOUS! Hahah!

Nooooooooo oh jebus it was a job interview LOL

It doesnt bother me if another therapist comes to me for treatments. If they ask I tell them but really something like a massage I usually don't say a lot so they dont have chance to find out x

That's so funny and wrong all at the same time! Hope you didn't tip her!!!!

This is why I don't like it when they ask what you do (however job offers are unusual) I have found they either get all defensive or nervous!!
I live just 'being a client' as I don't get to do it very often!

I've got a sixth sense for therapists coming to me as clients, I can just 'feel' it!!

However, I am with Hippy Chick if they ask me I would tell them but I wouldn't volunteer it.

Jacqui xx

Prob coz were always on time, wear flip flops for our pedicures, don't moan about doing consultations and don't faff about blowing on our fingers after a manicure!!

I don't because, more times than not, they want to talk shop. I want to be treated like a client not a colleague. If I wanted that, I would have stayed at my own salon & spa.

I unfortunatly made the mistake of telling my therapist on Saturday:D I was going to say thank you to her, as she did a fantastic job but she disappeared and was no where to be seen:sad:

So it must have gone down like the titanic!:o

Lol poor thing?

Latest posts

Back