Where are all the stylists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Why is it seemingly impossible to get staff? People are phoning and then not taking things any further... not even turning up for their interview.... nightmare!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like you're better off without those

Well yeah haha... i just thought people were desperate for jobs. And i need some help soooo stressful 😤

Do u need a stylist or a helper? The jobcentre have a bank of people looking for a few days work & I think their free to have, don't quite me mind lol it's just what people keep telling me

Stylist... and an apprentice. Permanently lol

Where abouts are u based? I'm in South Wales and I went through a company called A.C.T to get my apprentices, can't help with the stylist part tho, I just rent chairs out instead I'm not quite ready to employ yet, nearly there but not quite lol, have u tried all the usual places like indeed, monster, jobcentre plus etc?
Why do u think their not turning up for interviews?

Yeah on all of those.... its either people with no experience and can see that when sending dodgy pictures of their work lol.... no idea? Maybe just applying because they have to through jobcentre? Anyone that has applied have all seemed rather half soaked

I'm in the same boat.... I've been running ads for over a year!
I get plenty of replies from over seas, but seeing as I need them to bring a clientele, obviously they do not fit the job description!
I can only assume all hair stylists are;

1. Happy where they are
2. Mobile.

I guess us salon owners have a reputation of being greedy slave drivers....
A very sad day, as all I really want is a happy team :D

Maybe it's the clientele bit they struggle with, unless you poach a load from your previous salon or give up all your mobile customers you wouldn't really have one to bring? :/

We're not asking for a clientelle ourselves... just a stylist. Seems to be really young unreliable girls

It's mad you'd think they'd be knocking the door down! Maybe you could ask your local warehouse if they could put an add up in there for you? I'm just thinking where would mobile stylists go?

I wouldve thought so to. That has also been done lol

Sorry this isn't completely relevant but had to post because I've just finished my level 3 and can't find anywhere looking for an experienced stylist never mind a graduate!! :( there's about 15 salons in my town too! Any tips?

Sorry this isn't completely relevant but had to post because I've just finished my level 3 and can't find anywhere looking for an experienced stylist never mind a graduate!! :( there's about 15 salons in my town too! Any tips?

Hmm not really... have you got a portfolio of your work? My boss likes to see photos of peoples work

Still cant find anyone... been looking since November. Who would've thought this would cause me so much stress! Dont even feel like i can have a holiday....

I've been advertising for years, but only for self employed. The problem I see of employing is clients are scared of newbies so wouldn't book in with the new stylist. Leaving me paying wages for nothing in return. So need someone with some followers to get them started. I think a lot go mobile ,its so hard x

I've been advertising for years, but only for self employed. The problem I see of employing is clients are scared of newbies so wouldn't book in with the new stylist. Leaving me paying wages for nothing in return. So need someone with some followers to get them started. I think a lot go mobile ,its so hard x
We've advertised for all stylists... employed... self employed... noone is interested. We had one girl, who worked for 2 saturdays then told us she was getting paid £8 per hour (there was no way) and just left!... aaarghh

Why can't I live nearer your salons!!!! I'm desperate for a job but no where near me are hiring!

The 2 part time girls who work here can earn really well alot better than hourly rate, but you have to be a decent stylist and work hard. Yes it takes time to get your column going but when you do it, your set for life. Don't think the bigger picture is always seen x

'Where are all the stylists'..........Mobile.
Seems the general impression is that us salon owners are greedy, money grabbing, slave drivers..........:eek:
There are other 'incentives', that make mobile/freelance hairdressing much more lucrative than 'being on the books' in a salon! ;)

Latest posts

Back