Where can I find a decent job???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas_83

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where I can find a decent job which is with a decent company that also happens to pay decent wages, Ive not long qualified but would like to start in the right direction preferrably with a reputable company that will offer a mountain of training should I want it? Im struggling!!

hi hun,
i think the best thing you can do is drop your CV into your local salon's/ ring up any companies and ask if theres any work/ maybe have a look in your jobcentre and see if any companies are advertising?
The staff turnover isn't great, if you have good staff and there happy it's not often they want to leave, especially in the decent places where you want to work. So the best you can do is try, get your CV out there and see what people offer you.

Good luck hun! :)

you need to get some experience firstly. If I were you I'd find a local job and then step up when you have the experience to offer. Unfortunately nobody steps out of college into an elite position. Good luck!

Can anybody tell me where I can find a decent job which is with a decent company that also happens to pay decent wages, Ive not long qualified but would like to start in the right direction preferrably with a reputable company that will offer a mountain of training should I want it? Im struggling!!

What about getting experience at Stobo Castle Health Spa in Peebles, or the Sherington Hotel, they will give you experience to get into other vacant positions that will pay better money.

After you may want to work for yourself, but you need experience first.

Good luck!!!

Caz, have you tried the recruitment section in the Biz Forum?

Put together a good precis of your background, skills, training, experience if any, and very importantly what you want for your future and what you will do to achieve it.

I've been really successful with my recruiting from this site - most everyone who 'geeks' is passionate about their industry and their career:)

Good advice, I always thought the recruitment section on geek was mainly for down south.

I will have to search a bit further.:)

Latest posts

Back