Where can I get a really good desk lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
Got a normal one but not very good to take pictures. Anyone uses a very good daylight lamp? Xthanksx

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a nearly new one off ebay for £30 incl p&p :p

Perfectly Pampered Hands

Anyone else ;-)

I got a magnifying one from qvc, it's very good and reasonably priced :)

Daylight Slimline Table Lamp 32107 - YouTube

I have just got this one a few days ago and I really like it. I can swing it around and position it for when I do toes on the other side of my desk without moving the clamp. You have two points that can be bent into any position and the light is really good.

Daylight Slimline Table Lamp 32107 - YouTube

I have just got this one a few days ago and I really like it. I can swing it around and position it for when I do toes on the other side of my desk without moving the clamp. You have two points that can be bent into any position and the light is really good.

Just got mine today, love it - looks so elegant and it's a lovely even light, so can see both sides of the nail now. Doesn't take up any room on my table either.

I currently paint over the lamp in the middle and that works well for me.

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

It's great isn't it? I just need to find the right position over the nails to get a good photo without any shadows!

It's great isn't it? I just need to find the right position over the nails to get a good photo without any shadows!

I'll have a go tomorrow and post :)

Great! I'd be interested to see your pictures. I have it on my mind to get the picture done quickly so my client can get gone rather than spend time posing for me, so I havn't had a chance to play. DD and DBD always have great pics with great lighting and I believe they both have this lamp.

This is my new one. I really liked the clp on

CeeCee x

Some nail pictures are taken using lightboxes, it makes them look so proffessional, there are loads of tutorials on how to make a light box & cheap to make also :)

Great! I'd be interested to see your pictures. I have it on my mind to get the picture done quickly so my client can get gone rather than spend time posing for me, so I havn't had a chance to play. DD and DBD always have great pics with great lighting and I believe they both have this lamp.

yes, I have this lamp..

Annalise (Darling Digits) xx

Seems fine especially compared to what I was using before. The spectrum of light it gives out probably isn't as wide as the other one but no curing of gels & can be moved off the desk for feet. A nice bright 'does the job' lamp. And it wasn't too expensive.

CeeCee x

I'll have a go tomorrow and post :)

How did you get on? :biggrin:

How did you get on? :biggrin:

This is my left hand over my lamp taken with my phone struggling with my case in one hand lol! If I were taking a client's hands, I would move the lamp and set it up properly.

attachment.php

I like how I can just grab the lamp and move it to better see what I'm doing.

Attachments

• scarlet-letter-iced-vapour-accent-daylight.jpg
    scarlet-letter-iced-vapour-accent-daylight.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 178

Latest posts

Back