Where did I go wrong .. your help appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jo

Creative Geek :)
Reaction score
Hi ... need a bit of advice please ...

I did 5 sets of nails on saturday ... 1 infill & 4 new sets all p/w sculpt ... i wasnt happy with the results as i was doing them ... dont know why they just werent looking like my usual sets ... until the last set which I was nearly happy with lol they did look great and the client was really chuffed with them. I kept my fingers crossed on the others ... but one lady called me this mornign and said that they started lifting saturday night!!!! She is coming tomorrow for some more. What could i have done? I use retention+ and perfect powders and did all my usual prep work (which i take great care with) ... just put it down to a bum day do you think? It does leave you feeling deflated and hoping that it was just a glitch but dreading the next set now and hoping the other ladies nails are ok too :( (one set almost looked like it had lift in zone 3 as i finished them but its not possible is it? ) I have not had this before and since using creative have just about vanquished lifting.

Despondent Jo xx

Well.....
Lifting can almost always be attributed to the following:
Improper Ratio--working too wet or too dry
Improper Prep---there should be nothing on the nail plate, including and especially skin, remaining cuticle and/or dust particles.
Application to thick or thin---Like Goldilocks, it has to be just the right consistency. Either of these (thick or thin) could show their ugly face as you shape, as you will see the product lift before the end of the service.
I also had a Creative educator state that Retention+ is a one woman brush, so to speak. She's supposed to be very jealous and doesn't like a brush used with another product being used with her. Some of the other Geeks may be able to confirm or deny that one.
In the meantme, take what I've posted into account and remember Nail Fresh & Scrubfresh (the DYNAMIC DUO). Good Luck.

i personally feel you where having an off day.........and it sounds like you think so too.
maybe your prep or application wasnt up to scratch ..........i would put it down to having a bad day............. like you said they didnt feel right as you where doing them.
dont beat yourself up if your nails are usually 100%.
p.s take it easy :wink2:

Sorry not meaning to teach you how to suck eggs but, did you make sure you had removed all of the cuticle remover? Only saying this because having used CND prods for the past 3 years, last year I had a one week blip where I hadn't removed all the cuticle remover........and I was getting the lift in zone 3 before I had finished.

You never know!!
Adele;)

Hun, like joannne says I think you were just having an off day. 4 sets and 1 infills is a lot, esp as the end of the week when you're a little more tired anyway.

I know it is really upsetting and confidence blowing when you get a come back, but I always try and see the positive side of things (like my Signature motto), at least she is happy enough to come back and give you a second chance and show that you can make good. If you are worried about the other ladies then give them a quick courtesy call to check all is okay, they may have probs that you could sort out for them but like most would vote with their feet and not come back because they feel too awkward to complain .... also there maybe nothing wrong and you are unnecessarily worrying yourself and crushing your confidence for no good reason.

Chin up hun, you knew they weren't your best, we've all been there. At least you know they weren't your best, some people can't tell if their work is good or bad, and don't even care. You're obviously a good tech who takes pride in your work and feel you've let yourself down, you haven't - it's just another notch on that post called experience!!

Let us know how you get on.:hug:

Latest posts

Back