Where to start when I want to open salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah x

Reaction score
Hi everyone..

I’m new to SalonGeek. I’m 33, married with 2 children. I’ve been hairdressing since I left school. And I’ve had a few different jobs in different salons...I’ve always wanted to open my own salon but I know absolutely nothing about the business side of it! E.g business plan. Obviously I’m aware of all the rates and insurance I’d have to pay but I don’t know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated xx

Self employed, mostly from home now.

Self employed, mostly from home now.

This is the other option...I do a bit at home but not loads. I work on a rent a chair basis in a salon 2 days a week. But I’ve always liked the idea of owning my own salon or being my own boss. X

This is the other option...I do a bit at home but not loads. I work on a rent a chair basis in a salon 2 days a week. But I’ve always liked the idea of owning my own salon or being my own boss. X
Renting a chair is being your own boss without the headaches of a salon :)
A salon is a dream for many but it really can be a bottomless pit of money for the majority.

Write a business plan then run a financial analysis to find your monthly outgoings you should then work out the lowest percent occupancy you can run at to break even. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back