Where to start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam1978

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a full time mum with a husband working away and I'm ready now to start doing something for myself I want to train to start my own little business from home doing nails. Something that I love.
Can anybody suggest where I can do this without going to college?
I see lots of courses advertised on line. Are they any good? Has anybody used any of these courses?
Any advice please!

I would highly recommend going to school for it. You learn so much more than just the physical application of the nails. Most importantly you will learn about proper sanitation, which your clients will come ro expect and they will hold you to a higher standard, therefore you can charge more for your work. You will probably also learn about the business side of things, marketing yourself etc. Having a certificate also lets you in on the wholesale prices for your supplies so you're not paying as much as someone who has to go to say - sally beauty.

Luckily esthetic schools usually have a part time option if thats any help at all. Good luck!

I would highly recommend going to school for it. You learn so much more than just the physical application of the nails. Most importantly you will learn about proper sanitation, which your clients will come ro expect and they will hold you to a higher standard, therefore you can charge more for your work. You will probably also learn about the business side of things, marketing yourself etc. Having a certificate also lets you in on the wholesale prices for your supplies so you're not paying as much as someone who has to go to say - sally beauty.

Luckily esthetic schools usually have a part time option if thats any help at all. Good luck!

Thank you,
I have just applied to a local
Beauty school to do level 2 nail technician. I have to wait till September tho to start. In the mean time I was wondering if any of the short courses would be of any use ?

I went with Hand and Nail Harmony for Gelish. They were fab and are always happy to help with any queries any time after the course. I did the basic application course over 2 days.
I personally don't trust the online courses x

Latest posts

Back