Where to start!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serene Vicky

Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if I am replicating something here, but I am after some advice! I have done a couple of nail courses, and have my professional membership. and I am at a point that I have a couple of services that I can offer, and need to start getting people that I can work on! I obviously need to fund the materials etc, and make a little bit of profit to continue training, but I really don't know where to start. I am doing family members at the moment, how do I push beyond that?
Many thanks

Vicky

Advertise on social media, get your clients to post pics of their nails and recommend you. Get a logo and business cards and always have them with you. I went to pick up a prescription yesterday and 3 girls in the pharmacy asked for my details after they spotted my own nails.
I'm now almost at the end of my first year and have been plugging away all this time. I'm getting much busier now and have loyal clients but it's a slow process. I perhaps could have made more profit by a quicker treatment time but my clients comment on how relaxing and how much they enjoy their appointments with me. Make them feel special.
You could also consider initially offering a recommend a friend discount.
Good luck! X

Thank you, that's really helpful. I think I just need the confidence to put myself out there!

Thank you, that's really helpful. I think I just need the confidence to put myself out there!
It is a bit scary initially but the sooner you jump in it'll come naturally. Some background music on and just be friendly and chatty while you work X

Latest posts

Back