Which adhesive/gel for Swarovski crystals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f-l-90

Reaction score
Hey :) does anyone have any recommendations for what time of gel or glue to use to stick Swarovski's on nails with long lasting results? I currently use CND shellac and my usual steps would be apply top coat and apply crystals into wet top coat, set in lamp, then apply more top coat around and on top of crystals and set again!
I really hate having to put gel on top of the crystals! :rolleyes: I feel they really loose their sparkle!
I see nail tech's work posting photos of nails with Swarovski's all over and not one fall off for weeks and it doesn't look like there is gel on top. So frustrating! Help needed!!

What i do is, after i apply the colour i put some ibd builder gel only where i want the swarovski to go,cure that for 2 minutes and then i apply the top gel all over the nail but i go arount the swarovski.not over them.i hope that helps.

I've tired lots of different things and putting top coat over them is pretty much the only way to make them stay on for a good amount of time, even if glue or acrylic is applied underneath. Xxx

I run a brush or my finger over the gems to take off the excess topcoat and it gives the gems the edges again but still have the saturated adhesion

What i do is, after i apply the colour i put some ibd builder gel only where i want the swarovski to go,cure that for 2 minutes and then i apply the top gel all over the nail but i go arount the swarovski.not over them.i hope that helps.
Thank you! How long does the ibd hold them for? :)

I run a brush or my finger over the gems to take off the excess topcoat and it gives the gems the edges again but still have the saturated adhesion
Thank you! That's a good tip! :)

I use NSi glue to secure them - they do hold better on a roughened surface though so if I'm doing a full nail I just use the glue and no Shellac.

If I'm doing a cluster on Shellac I apply to the top colour then around them with top coat but the glue definitely looks better. Will try wiping the crystals, good tip.

Latest posts

Back