Which base coat with Grapefruit Sparkle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
Just trying out grapefruit sparkle which I love already but to make it more opaque what base coat do you use?
I'm thinking about cake pop maybe?

Cakepop is gorgeous with grapefruit sparkle and so is strawberry smoothie and any of the intimate collection. One of my clients has it over purple purple and it actually looks fab too :)

It's lush with Strawberry Smoothie!

i love it over cake pop, I had a client who always liked it to jazz up her french too. To be honest I just love it with most colours. x

Just to add to what others have said... Definately cake pop and strawberry smoothie. It goes lovely over the nudes too (powder my nose) and also tropix to tone it right down x

I like it over Rosebud in Shellac, just a shame they don't do Rosebud in Vinylux as well, it's one of my most popular colours

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413052781.917528.jpg

Love it on it's own too!

I love Grapefruit Sparkle over ANYTHING lol I just think its so beautiful! My most popular combos would be GFS with cakepop, strawberry smoothie, gotcha, cream puff and lilac longing :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks amazing over cocoa! x

Does anyone have any pics of GFS ontop on French? Thinking of this for my holidays x

I'm wearing it over satin pjs at moment ... Love it ... <3

A client loves it over Sage Scarf + a bit of glitter ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413133013.907984.jpg

Does anyone have any pics of GFS ontop on French? Thinking of this for my holidays x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413141823.361736.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413141879.703161.jpg

You can kinda see it here. I use grapefruit sparkle all the time for French if my client doesn't mind sparkle. X

NailLife <3

It looks lovely over Desert Poppy, sorry no picture.

Lovely! Do you use one or 2 coats of sparkle? I thought the 2 coats would hide the white a bit more actually x

I've never used it over the white actually, I think I read your original post wrong! I always use it under my white. I find one coat is enough, although two is fine. Or I layer it over the intimates collection or beau? If you want to use the sparkle but dull the white, why not try studio white as an alternative to cream puff?

Or perhaps do negligee or clearly pink over the white and then layer on top with grapefruit sparkle. Lots of options, I just hope I follow the look you are after so the Info may be useful!

NailLife <3

Planning on using white tips as extensions then 2 layers on sparkle and see how that looks!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413248343.049687.jpg

This is 1 coat of grapefruit sparkle under the white tips. Haven't tried it on top of the white. I quite like the smile lines glitter-free though :)

Latest posts

Back