Which brand of normal nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjacko77

Reaction score
Do you guys use?

I've some vinylux colours but not a great colour range. I've looked at the jazz range by nail harmony but not tried them, are they any good?

Do any of you ever use any 'off the shelf' brands?

TIA X

Do you guys use?

I've some vinylux colours but not a great colour range. I've looked at the jazz range by nail harmony but not tried them, are they any good?

TIA X

I use & stock CND & Ciate polishes, I'm also looking at stocking bio sculpture too as I use their gels too x

I couldnt get on with vinylux,found it streaky and if nails are slightly ridged looked awful,ive been using orly for 12 years and love it,their top to toe is fab (base and top coat in 1)and colour range is great,ive also recently discovered nina,i would say as good as orly.there are lots of brands and its trial and error on what you like.

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have Vinylux, but several months ago I started getting in some Morgan Taylor polishes to fill in for colors the VL range lacked. I've been slowly building up my collection, and clients are shifting to it because they like it better.

I use Cuccio & love it! The polishes apply beautifully with great coverage x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Cuccio & love it! The polishes apply beautifully with great coverage x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I second this! Cuccio colour polishes are brilliant!

opi for me. great colour range, long lasting and always a great brush without which you cant get a nice finish.

I've always been an Essie (for the consistency and formula) or OPI (for the colors and brushes) user, and now added Essie Gel and OPI GelColor.

Last edited:
Cuccio polish is my favorite they apply like butter :) beautiful range of colours as well.

☆Butterflysister☆

For a long lasting polish Caption by Young Nails is fantastic the brush is awesome and colors are good. For everyday polish I use Le Chat Dare To Wear applies with no streaking as does Caption:)

Jessica for me, which I've used for the last 13 years in salon - I love their range of colours as besides the 'safe' shades they also have a great range of fashion colours! I also find they retail easily as clients love their easy to apply and long-lasting formula.

OPI for me. Love the brushes and consistency =)

Opi for me too although have a couple of Morgan Taylor and cuccio too.

I have started purchasing Venique. I don't know if you have it in the UK but it is very nice! Some of the metallic/frost colours require a "base colour" to make it pop because they are translucent but otherwise they glide on, have even coverage and they last well. They have come out with a "gel-like" base and top coat duo. It is the same price range as Morgan Taylor, China Glaze and OPI and sold along side it in my local salon supply.

OPI all the way for me too, all those colours and people recognise it as a great quality product. I always get the polish and the gel to match x

I use the matching polish ranges to my gel polishes, so polish II with my gel II & vinylux with my shellac

No question, OPI is THE best for me. The colours are great, the brush is fabulous for application and my natural manicure clients say that their manicure lasts longer than a week sometimes. All That Jazz also looks good, a lot of the colours match Gelish however, I don't know what the quality of the Polish is like.

Essie all the way for me and my clients!

Thanks ladies!

Do you guys use?

TIA X

If you would like a sample of the Cuccio polishes, let me know I can send some out for you to try. We have some fabulous offers on at the minute. xx

Latest posts

Back